How to get rid of a beer belly ??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Synapse Syndrome, Mar 10, 2007.

  1. Synapse Syndrome

    philo Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On 2007-03-10, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, philo waxed eloquently:
    > snip
    >
    > >
    > > of course one has to lay off the beer !!!!
    > >
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Lay off the BEER!!11!! Sacrilege!! The very idea! Lay off the
    > BEER....
    >
    > Go wash your mouth out with soap...
    >

    o

    o
    o

    o
    BLUBB BLUBB BLUBB *hic* bubble bluble o



    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
    philo, Mar 10, 2007
    #21
    1. Advertising

  2. Mhzjunkie wrote:
    > philo spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:
    >
    >> "doS" <> wrote in message
    >> news:LYyIh.6$...
    >>> old fcker ;-)

    >>
    >> It's hard to believe how old I am...
    >> there were still steam locomotives when I was a kid !
    >> my computer is powered by kerosene though <G>


    I've been making TV for thirty years. I tell the new kids that when I
    started cameras were steam powered and the cables were made of wood.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #22
    1. Advertising

  3. WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    > news:45f2ad44$0$16384$...
    >>> >
    >>> > I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>> women.
    >>> > How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I need to
    >>> > do?
    >>> >
    >>> > Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>> >
    >>> > ss.
    >>>
    >>> Lay off the suds................
    >>>

    >> Yep...
    >> since I've quit drinking and started taking regular walks...
    >>
    >> BTW: walking a mile a day is really very easy
    >>
    >> i've gone back to just five pounds over my weight from 30 years ago!
    >>

    > Concur. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 months last spring. And my basset hound
    > lost 6 <g>. I got to where we could 1.5 miles in just under 20 minutes.
    > Those little basset legs were really flying ;)


    In 1995, I lost 55 pounds in 3.5 months -- biking, lifting weights and
    only 1100 calories a day.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #23
  4. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > news:...


    >> Also touch your toes (or try to) ...
    >>

    > I did that once. Hurt for weeks <g>


    It's easier to touch someone else's toes. It's a great conversation
    starter, too.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #24
  5. Synapse Syndrome

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> news:45f2ad44$0$16384$...
    >>>> >
    >>>> > I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>>> women.
    >>>> > How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I need to
    >>>> > do?
    >>>> >
    >>>> > Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>> >
    >>>> > ss.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lay off the suds................
    >>>>
    >>> Yep...
    >>> since I've quit drinking and started taking regular walks...
    >>>
    >>> BTW: walking a mile a day is really very easy
    >>>
    >>> i've gone back to just five pounds over my weight from 30 years ago!
    >>>

    >> Concur. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 months last spring. And my basset
    >> hound
    >> lost 6 <g>. I got to where we could 1.5 miles in just under 20 minutes.
    >> Those little basset legs were really flying ;)

    >
    > In 1995, I lost 55 pounds in 3.5 months -- biking, lifting weights and
    > only 1100 calories a day.
    >

    I've got a bit of lower back trouble, so walking is one of the few things I
    can do - swimming would be good, but I can't afford a pool ;)

    I didn't put any of that weight back on, and I'm going to try to lose
    another 10 or so this next 3 months. And while walking isn't the fastest way
    of dealing with the "waist extension" issue ;) it does help eventually. I do
    have a bike, and I think after I've lost a few more pounds (which relieves
    the load on my back) I'll probably be able to start riding again.
    WhzzKdd, Mar 10, 2007
    #25
  6. Synapse Syndrome

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...

    >
    >>> Also touch your toes (or try to) ...
    >>>

    >> I did that once. Hurt for weeks <g>

    >
    > It's easier to touch someone else's toes. It's a great conversation
    > starter, too.
    >
    >

    Start at the toes and work up?
    WhzzKdd, Mar 10, 2007
    #26
  7. Synapse Syndrome

    philo Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Mhzjunkie wrote:
    > > philo spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:
    > >
    > >> "doS" <> wrote in message
    > >> news:LYyIh.6$...
    > >>> old fcker ;-)
    > >>
    > >> It's hard to believe how old I am...
    > >> there were still steam locomotives when I was a kid !
    > >> my computer is powered by kerosene though <G>

    >
    > I've been making TV for thirty years. I tell the new kids that when I
    > started cameras were steam powered and the cables were made of wood.
    >



    Oh???
    I though everyone knew that.



    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com
    philo, Mar 10, 2007
    #27
  8. WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:45f2ad44$0$16384$...
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news
    >>>>> > for
    >>>>> women.
    >>>>> > How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I
    >>>>> > need to do?
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > ss.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Lay off the suds................
    >>>>>
    >>>> Yep... since I've quit drinking and started taking regular
    >>>> walks...
    >>>>
    >>>> BTW: walking a mile a day is really very easy
    >>>>
    >>>> i've gone back to just five pounds over my weight from 30 years
    >>>> ago!
    >>>>
    >>> Concur. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 months last spring. And my basset
    >>> hound lost 6 <g>. I got to where we could 1.5 miles in just under 20
    >>> minutes. Those little basset legs were really flying ;)

    >>
    >> In 1995, I lost 55 pounds in 3.5 months -- biking, lifting weights
    >> and only 1100 calories a day.
    >>

    > I've got a bit of lower back trouble, so walking is one of the few
    > things I can do - swimming would be good, but I can't afford a pool ;)


    I hear ya. I've needed chiropractic care for my lower back since about
    1969. Xrays taken as a result of an injury showed a small defect in one
    or two vertebrae.

    > I didn't put any of that weight back on, and I'm going to try to lose
    > another 10 or so this next 3 months. And while walking isn't the
    > fastest way of dealing with the "waist extension" issue ;) it does
    > help eventually. I do have a bike, and I think after I've lost a few
    > more pounds (which relieves the load on my back) I'll probably be able
    > to start riding again.


    Good luck with that.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #28
  9. WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>> "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:...

    >>
    >>>> Also touch your toes (or try to) ...
    >>>>
    >>> I did that once. Hurt for weeks <g>

    >>
    >> It's easier to touch someone else's toes. It's a great conversation
    >> starter, too.
    >>

    > Start at the toes and work up?


    It's like working on the loading dock -- there's no place to go *but*
    up.


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #29
  10. Synapse Syndrome

    Cam-man Guest

    Blinky the Shark inspired greatness with:

    >WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >> news:45f2ad44$0$16384$...
    >>>> >
    >>>> > I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>>> women.
    >>>> > How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I need to
    >>>> > do?
    >>>> >
    >>>> > Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>> >
    >>>> > ss.
    >>>>
    >>>> Lay off the suds................
    >>>>
    >>> Yep...
    >>> since I've quit drinking and started taking regular walks...
    >>>
    >>> BTW: walking a mile a day is really very easy
    >>>
    >>> i've gone back to just five pounds over my weight from 30 years ago!
    >>>

    >> Concur. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 months last spring. And my basset hound
    >> lost 6 <g>. I got to where we could 1.5 miles in just under 20 minutes.
    >> Those little basset legs were really flying ;)

    >
    >In 1995, I lost 55 pounds in 3.5 months -- biking, lifting weights and
    >only 1100 calories a day.



    What is that, about a Big-Mac? I don't think I could do 1100 calories
    a day, especially with the exercise.

    --
    "Meanwhile, my company is at China, so We can provide you a relative
    lost price."

    From: "pgtekin" <>
    Message-ID: <>
    Cam-man, Mar 10, 2007
    #30
  11. Synapse Syndrome

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>> "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >>>> news:...
    >>>
    >>>>> Also touch your toes (or try to) ...
    >>>>>
    >>>> I did that once. Hurt for weeks <g>
    >>>
    >>> It's easier to touch someone else's toes. It's a great conversation
    >>> starter, too.
    >>>

    >> Start at the toes and work up?

    >
    > It's like working on the loading dock -- there's no place to go *but*
    > up.
    >
    >

    LOL!!!
    WhzzKdd, Mar 10, 2007
    #31
  12. Synapse Syndrome

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    Blinky the Shark spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

    > Mhzjunkie wrote:
    >> philo spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:
    >>
    >>> "doS" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:LYyIh.6$...
    >>>> old fcker ;-)
    >>>
    >>> It's hard to believe how old I am...
    >>> there were still steam locomotives when I was a kid !
    >>> my computer is powered by kerosene though <G>

    >
    > I've been making TV for thirty years. I tell the new kids that when I
    > started cameras were steam powered and the cables were made of wood.


    Can't say I've ever used any wooden cables. But, I guess you could tell the
    kids you've made a lot of cables splices using Elmer's.

    :)

    --
    Mhzjunkie

    1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
    GOTO 1
    END
    Mhzjunkie, Mar 10, 2007
    #32
  13. Synapse Syndrome

    Mhzjunkie Guest

    doS spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits myself:

    > harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


    When I draw mine real tight, just so I can look all sexy before a night on
    the town. Only thing that sticks out is a few hairs and my navel button.

    > "Mhzjunkie" <> wrote in message
    > news:esuirb$qf6$...
    >> Synapse Syndrome spewed out this bit, and i'll scatter a few bits
    >> myself:
    >>> I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>> women. How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I
    >>> need to do? Genuine answers appreciated.

    >>
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/super/mhzjunkie/perfectg.jpg
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mhzjunkie
    >>
    >> 1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
    >> GOTO 1
    >> END




    --
    Mhzjunkie

    1 PRINT "Windows Vista ERROR"
    GOTO 1
    END
    Mhzjunkie, Mar 10, 2007
    #33
  14. Cam-man wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark inspired greatness with:
    >
    >>WhzzKdd wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>> news:45f2ad44$0$16384$...
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>>>> women.
    >>>>> > How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I need to
    >>>>> > do?
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>>> >
    >>>>> > ss.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Lay off the suds................
    >>>>>
    >>>> Yep...
    >>>> since I've quit drinking and started taking regular walks...
    >>>>
    >>>> BTW: walking a mile a day is really very easy
    >>>>
    >>>> i've gone back to just five pounds over my weight from 30 years ago!
    >>>>
    >>> Concur. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 months last spring. And my basset hound
    >>> lost 6 <g>. I got to where we could 1.5 miles in just under 20 minutes.
    >>> Those little basset legs were really flying ;)

    >>
    >>In 1995, I lost 55 pounds in 3.5 months -- biking, lifting weights and
    >>only 1100 calories a day.

    >
    > What is that, about a Big-Mac? I don't think I could do 1100 calories


    Wiki shows 540 cal for a Big Mac. Coulda had two. But see below.

    > a day, especially with the exercise.


    And I was a real calorie Nazi about it. If I grabbed five Doritos off
    the snack table at work, I looked up the calories and fat grams (back
    then I actually knew lots of those numbers by heart) of that size
    portion and counted it. Oh, yeah...I also limited myself to 10 grams of
    fat a day. I *had* to be very rigid or I'd have fallen off the plan.

    And that Big Mac has 30 grams of fat (three days' worth). :)


    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 10, 2007
    #34
  15. Synapse Syndrome

    Guest

    Re: How to get rid of a beer belly ?? <= a few deft strokes with a machette is what I recommend

    LOL

    noob
    , Mar 11, 2007
    #35
  16. Synapse Syndrome

    Slack Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:44:59 -0800, WhzzKdd <frack_this@email_is.invalid>
    wrote:

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
    >>> I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for
    >>> women. How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I
    >>> need
    >>> to do?
    >>>
    >>> Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Fast for 1 meal a day; learn HOW to do sit-ups: roll head, shoulders,
    >> back (not all the way up either) - if you do it wrong you can place
    >> too much stress on your lower back, esp. when first starting.
    >>
    >> How many you can do depends on your age.
    >>
    >> Also touch your toes (or try to) ...
    >>

    > I did that once. Hurt for weeks <g>
    >
    >


    Try working out [hard] on one of those pu**y stretching/tighening
    machines; you'll discover a whole new new level of pain you never knew
    existed.

    --
    Slack - back then, I didn't know they were for chicks... lesson learned :-(
    Slack, Mar 12, 2007
    #36
  17. Synapse Syndrome

    Lookout Guest

    On 10 Mar 2007 13:49:31 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    <> wrote:

    >"Synapse Syndrome" <>
    >wrote in news::
    >>
    >> I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly.
    >> This is bad news for women. How do I get rid
    >> of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I
    >> need to do?
    >>
    >> Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>
    >> ss.

    >
    >Depending upon your age, the first thing you should do is
    >see your doctor and make sure that your abdominal muscle
    >structure is intact; to wit, no hernias, etc. Then inform
    >him of your intentions so he can check your cardo-pullamary's
    >and then if all is "A-OK and counting" [brace yo'self, now]:
    >
    > 1,000 [correct] situps a day (~30 minutes at fruition)
    > A slant-board will dramatically increse your results.
    >
    >That's your target. It can be done, especially at first,
    >incrementally - but say you can only do 100 at at time;
    >then you need to increase the total to ~2,000; or if you
    >can only do 200 at a time; then increase total to ~1,500;
    >etc.
    >
    >If you can only do 25 - then do them. But don't quit, and
    >try to do a few more each day. If you can only do 10 at
    >a time, and you approach it diligently, you'll see results
    >in 3 weeks (~21 days) *guaranteed*!
    >
    >Jolly good, and best 'o luck to ya!


    Sit ups or any other exercise does NOT target fat. That's been a well
    known fact for 25 years.
    3 things:
    Diet
    Exercise
    Enroll in a college class with mostly girls. You WILL want to do the
    first 2 if you are single.
    Lookout, Mar 17, 2007
    #37
  18. Synapse Syndrome

    Frosty Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:00:34 -0500 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk Lookout
    <>, intended to write something intelligible, but
    instead wrote :

    >On 10 Mar 2007 13:49:31 GMT, Bucky Breeder
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>"Synapse Syndrome" <>
    >>wrote in news::
    >>>
    >>> I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly.
    >>> This is bad news for women. How do I get rid
    >>> of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I
    >>> need to do?
    >>>
    >>> Genuine answers appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> ss.

    >>
    >>Depending upon your age, the first thing you should do is
    >>see your doctor and make sure that your abdominal muscle
    >>structure is intact; to wit, no hernias, etc. Then inform
    >>him of your intentions so he can check your cardo-pullamary's
    >>and then if all is "A-OK and counting" [brace yo'self, now]:
    >>
    >> 1,000 [correct] situps a day (~30 minutes at fruition)
    >> A slant-board will dramatically increse your results.
    >>
    >>That's your target. It can be done, especially at first,
    >>incrementally - but say you can only do 100 at at time;
    >>then you need to increase the total to ~2,000; or if you
    >>can only do 200 at a time; then increase total to ~1,500;
    >>etc.
    >>
    >>If you can only do 25 - then do them. But don't quit, and
    >>try to do a few more each day. If you can only do 10 at
    >>a time, and you approach it diligently, you'll see results
    >>in 3 weeks (~21 days) *guaranteed*!
    >>
    >>Jolly good, and best 'o luck to ya!

    >
    >Sit ups or any other exercise does NOT target fat. That's been a well
    >known fact for 25 years.
    >3 things:
    >Diet
    >Exercise
    >Enroll in a college class with mostly girls. You WILL want to do the
    >first 2 if you are single.


    I'm not single and I'll want to do them all, not just the first two...
    Frosty, Mar 17, 2007
    #38
  19. Synapse Syndrome

    Fred37 Guest

    On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:37:47 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >
    >I have noticed that I am getting a beer belly. This is bad news for women.
    >How do I get rid of it and regain a flat stomach? What do I need to do?
    >
    >Genuine answers appreciated.
    >
    >ss.
    >

    I have the same problem.
    My diet is great except for the beer.
    I do not exercise.
    Can I drink Scotch instead of beer and lose weight?
    Fred
    Fred37, Mar 17, 2007
    #39
  20. Synapse Syndrome

    ian field Guest

    "Fred37" <> wrote in message

    >>

    > I have the same problem.
    > My diet is great except for the beer.
    > I do not exercise.
    > Can I drink Scotch instead of beer and lose weight?
    > Fred
    >


    Just look at how skinny the drunken bums on skid row are - there's your
    answer.
    ian field, Mar 17, 2007
    #40
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. James T.
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    503
    James T.
    Jul 25, 2004
  2. DVD Verdict
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    636
    DVD Verdict
    Sep 24, 2004
  3. James T.
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    439
    James T.
    Oct 8, 2004
  4. Cretin Needs

    My gut is so big my belly button has an event horizon

    Cretin Needs, Aug 15, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    399
    Russell B Waters
    Aug 15, 2004
  5. DiddyS400

    3 Computers Gone Belly-up - Why?

    DiddyS400, Nov 29, 2005, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    495
    DiddyS400
    Dec 2, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page