How to get photo screen saver on 2 monitors?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by SomeOldGuy, Jan 24, 2010.

  1. SomeOldGuy

    SomeOldGuy Guest

    My apologies if my is question is in the wrong group......I didn't really see
    any group that seemed appropriate. Here's what I'm looking for......

    My computer runs Windows 7 Professional
    My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

    I have 2 monitors, 1920 x 1080

    The graphics display is configured so I can drag a window on to either
    monitor.
    To get the wallpaper to show on both monitors, I had to create an image that
    is 3840 x 1080 pixels.

    When the screensaver kicks in, IF in "photo" mode, it only uses the "main"
    monitor (where the taskbar and start menu are located). If the screen saver
    is in one of the other modes (3D text, Bubbles, etc), it automatically uses
    both monitors.

    How can I get the screen saver to show photos on both display monitors?

    Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions offered. I appreciate your time.
    SomeOldGuy, Jan 24, 2010

  2. SomeOldGuy

    Guest

    In <>, =?Utf-8?B?U29tZU9sZEd1eQ==?= <> writes:
    >My apologies if my is question is in the wrong group......I didn't really see
    >any group that seemed appropriate. Here's what I'm looking for......
    >
    >My computer runs Windows 7 Professional
    >My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    >
    >I have 2 monitors, 1920 x 1080
    >
    >The graphics display is configured so I can drag a window on to either
    >monitor.
    >To get the wallpaper to show on both monitors, I had to create an image that
    >is 3840 x 1080 pixels.
    >
    >When the screensaver kicks in, IF in "photo" mode, it only uses the "main"
    >monitor (where the taskbar and start menu are located). If the screen saver
    >is in one of the other modes (3D text, Bubbles, etc), it automatically uses
    >both monitors.
    >
    >How can I get the screen saver to show photos on both display monitors?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions offered. I appreciate your time.

    The answer is probably in the Nvidia control panel. Your settings must be
    slightly different to mine.
    , Jan 24, 2010

  3. SomeOldGuy

    Donahoo Guest

    SomeOldGuy wrote:
    > My apologies if my is question is in the wrong group......I didn't really see
    > any group that seemed appropriate. Here's what I'm looking for......
    >
    > My computer runs Windows 7 Professional
    > My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
    >
    > I have 2 monitors, 1920 x 1080
    >
    > The graphics display is configured so I can drag a window on to either
    > monitor.
    > To get the wallpaper to show on both monitors, I had to create an image that
    > is 3840 x 1080 pixels.
    >
    > When the screensaver kicks in, IF in "photo" mode, it only uses the "main"
    > monitor (where the taskbar and start menu are located). If the screen saver
    > is in one of the other modes (3D text, Bubbles, etc), it automatically uses
    > both monitors.
    >
    > How can I get the screen saver to show photos on both display monitors?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions offered. I appreciate your time.

    I don't have that problem, my monitors are in "clone" mode. My desktop
    wallpaper is not spread over the two monitors, but the same image is on
    each monitor. Do you want half your wallpaper on each monitor or the
    same image on each one? The screensaver is duplicated on each monitor,
    and I can drag windows and programs from one to the other.
    Donahoo, Jan 25, 2010