    Anybody have an idea pls?

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 16, 2004

  2. In article <wH_Tc.3424$>,
    says...
    > I can read off the share and uplaod.
    >
    > When I try and download it does a zero length file into the sahre and fails.
    >
    > Does anybody have any idea whats going wrong?
    >
    > Nothing in the smb logs, the user works fine on win2k and Linux....
    >
    > So its a OSX config issue or something extra needed for samba in the
    > smb.conf to work with OSX.
    >
    > Anybody have an idea pls?
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Have a look at this website:

    http://www.macwindows.com/
    wogers nemesis, Aug 16, 2004

  3. In article <wH_Tc.3424$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    Aug 2004 21:00:15 +1200, thing <> says...
    > I can read off the share and uplaod.
    >
    > When I try and download it does a zero length file into the sahre and fails.
    >
    > Does anybody have any idea whats going wrong?
    >
    > Nothing in the smb logs, the user works fine on win2k and Linux....
    >
    > So its a OSX config issue or something extra needed for samba in the
    > smb.conf to work with OSX.
    >
    > Anybody have an idea pls?

    try the samba groups, much more likely to get an answer there.
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004
  4. thing

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <wH_Tc.3424$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    > Aug 2004 21:00:15 +1200, thing <> says...
    >
    >>I can read off the share and uplaod.
    >>
    >>When I try and download it does a zero length file into the sahre and fails.
    >>
    >>Does anybody have any idea whats going wrong?
    >>
    >>Nothing in the smb logs, the user works fine on win2k and Linux....
    >>
    >>So its a OSX config issue or something extra needed for samba in the
    >>smb.conf to work with OSX.
    >>
    >>Anybody have an idea pls?

    > try the samba groups, much more likely to get an answer there.

    Ive tried the Debian groups, they sugets the OSx groups, just thought I
    would throw one in here as well, some Mac ppl hang out in here.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 16, 2004
  5. In article <U%6Uc.3453$> in nz.comp on Tue, 17
    Aug 2004 06:28:16 +1200, thing <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > > In article <wH_Tc.3424$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    > > Aug 2004 21:00:15 +1200, thing <> says...
    > >
    > >>I can read off the share and uplaod.
    > >>
    > >>When I try and download it does a zero length file into the sahre and fails.
    > >>
    > >>Does anybody have any idea whats going wrong?
    > >>
    > >>Nothing in the smb logs, the user works fine on win2k and Linux....
    > >>
    > >>So its a OSX config issue or something extra needed for samba in the
    > >>smb.conf to work with OSX.
    > >>
    > >>Anybody have an idea pls?

    > > try the samba groups, much more likely to get an answer there.
    > >

    > Ive tried the Debian groups, they sugets the OSx groups, just thought I
    > would throw one in here as well, some Mac ppl hang out in here.

    Samba have their own set of groups on a private server you can access.
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004
  6. thing

    thing Guest

    Patrick Dunford wrote:
    > In article <U%6Uc.3453$> in nz.comp on Tue, 17
    > Aug 2004 06:28:16 +1200, thing <> says...
    >
    >>Patrick Dunford wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <wH_Tc.3424$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    >>>Aug 2004 21:00:15 +1200, thing <> says...

    >>>try the samba groups, much more likely to get an answer there.
    >>>

    >>Ive tried the Debian groups, they sugets the OSx groups, just thought I
    >>would throw one in here as well, some Mac ppl hang out in here.

    > Samba have their own set of groups on a private server you can access.

    yes and in the past Ive found the group not terribly helpful.

    regards

    Thing
    thing, Aug 17, 2004