    --
    Thanks
    Arun G

    Arun Govindan, Jul 17, 2006

  2. Arun Govindan

    Simon Hart Guest

    Congratulations! You now need to log into the secure MCP site and request
    your welcome kit just as you must have done for your MCP.

    Regards
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
    mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
    link to apply for that??
    --
    Thanks

    Arun Govindan, Jul 17, 2006
  4. Arun Govindan

    Cerebrus Guest

    Arun Govindan wrote:
    > Thx for the prompt response. But actually i searched on the mcp site for the
    > mcad welcome kit but i am unable to get that same. Can you please give me the
    > link to apply for that??
    > --
    > Thanks

    Go to "Program benefits" on the Left hand menu, then choose "Member
    kit". On this page, you will need to verify your address, and then
    request for the kit.

    Cerebrus, Jul 17, 2006
  5. I had gone through the links as you specified in the mail. "Welcome kit" link
    is there in the "Program Benefits" page. But that link contains the option to
    go to FAQ only.

    Also i clicked on the link "View MY" in the left pane where it shows the
    link as "Transcript". If i clicked on that link then it clearly shows that i
    cleared "229, 315 and 316" but still the credential is showing as "Microsoft
    Certified Professional"

    I am confused now. I cleared "229, 315 and 316" and i think that this is
    enough for getting the MCAD. Please help me on this. I got MCP Kit but i need
    the procedure the to get the MCAD Kit. Whether Micrsoft will send a separate
    kit for MCAD??

    --
    Thanks
    Arun G

    Arun Govindan, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Arun Govindan

    Cerebrus Guest

    Yes, they provide a separate welcome kit for MCAD. But I haven't
    checked if the exams you've given make you eligible for MCAD. If they
    do, then the info. probably hasn't been updated at the site yet. You
    could try waiting a few days then check. If it isn't updated, contact
    your regional service center.

    Cerebrus, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Arun Govindan

    Simon Hart Guest

    Exams 229, 315 and 316 do not satisfy the requirements for MCAD. The problem
    here is you have selected two electives. Only one is allowed and two core
    exams. Unless of course you used 316 or 315 as a core you could use the
    other as an elective. But because you used 229 as an elective this equates
    to false. I must admit the web site is not that clear on this.

    See here for more info:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.asp

    You need to take 320 or 310 to become MCAD.

    Simon Hart, Jul 18, 2006
  8. I agree with Simon.

    Arun, you didn´t got the requirements for MCAD.
    If you choose VB .Net as your programming language, you´ll need to pass the
    70-310 Exam. Else if you choose C#, you´ll need to pass the 70-320 Exam.

    Don´t worry, you´re in right way.

    I need to pass in the 70-310 to become MCAD too.
    By the way, I purchased the book "MCAD/MCSD Developing XML Web Services and
    Server Components with Visual Basic .NET and the .NET Framework - Exam
    70-310" to self-study. It is a very good material.

    Well, best luck for us! :)

    Carlos Camacho.
    MCP

    Carlos Camacho, Jul 18, 2006
  9. Thanks a lot Simon and Carlos. I planned to start my 70-310 preparation from
    today itself. All the best Carlos for your 70-310 exam:)
    --
    Thanks
    Arun G

    Arun Govindan, Jul 19, 2006