    Joe Guest

    How do I make IE Media 10 work with mozilla fiefox.
    Joe
    Joe, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Joe

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Jan 4, 2005

  3. Joe

    Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:11:37 GMT, Moz Champion
    <> wrote:

    >Joe wrote:
    >
    >> How do I make IE Media 10 work with mozilla fiefox.
    >> Joe

    >You mean Microsoft Widows Media Player 10?
    >see
    >http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP

    I notice a lot of references to downloading and installing MS media
    player, real player, quicktime, etc. Weren't all these programs
    considered spyware or obsessively intrusive programs from control
    freek companies ?

    Seems odd to go to Firefox and then load all that stuff.

    Have they improved these programs over the last year or two ?
    , Jan 6, 2005
  4. Joe

    Moz Champion Guest

    wrote:

    > On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:11:37 GMT, Moz Champion
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Joe wrote:
    >>

    >>>How do I make IE Media 10 work with mozilla fiefox.
    >>>Joe

    >>You mean Microsoft Widows Media Player 10?
    >>see
    >>http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows.html#WMP

    > I notice a lot of references to downloading and installing MS media
    > player, real player, quicktime, etc. Weren't all these programs
    > considered spyware or obsessively intrusive programs from control
    > freek companies ?
    >
    > Seems odd to go to Firefox and then load all that stuff.
    >
    > Have they improved these programs over the last year or two ?

    You concept of spyware is skewed.
    MS Media Player, Quicktime, etc were never considered spyware. The only
    exception to that was Real Player, which really wasnt spyware at all,
    but simply a 'phone home' built in (that could be turned off as well).

    If you want to play audio and movies in your Firefox (or any other
    browser for that matter) you require plug ins to play them. The
    available plug in are listed on that page.

    You say you want Windows Media Player 10 to work with Firefox, well the
    instructions are right there on the page.

    You dont have to get all of them, only the ones you want. Both WMP and
    Quicktime play many of the same formats. Real Player is only really
    required for one format (the Real Player one). Flash and/or Shockwave
    are required for shockwave/flash animations of course.

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org
    Moz Champion, Jan 6, 2005