    mode. Do I have to manually re-enable everything, or am I just
    overlooking something?

    Thanks!

    RyeTronics, May 12, 2007

  2. RyeTronics

    Guest

    On May 11, 7:30 pm, RyeTronics <> wrote:
    > Simple question really. I started Firefox in safe mode to check if an
    > extension was going haywire, and now I cannot for the life of me
    > figure out how to start FF with everything enabled again. Choosing
    > both launch options (normal & safe mode) always takes me into safe
    > mode. Do I have to manually re-enable everything, or am I just
    > overlooking something?
    >
    > Thanks!

    just close the program and click on the icon you use to start FF.

    How did you start FF in safe mode?

    , May 12, 2007

  3. RyeTronics

    bob from oz Guest

    wrote:
    > On May 11, 7:30 pm, RyeTronics <> wrote:
    >> Simple question really. I started Firefox in safe mode to check if an
    >> extension was going haywire, and now I cannot for the life of me
    >> figure out how to start FF with everything enabled again. Choosing
    >> both launch options (normal & safe mode) always takes me into safe
    >> mode. Do I have to manually re-enable everything, or am I just
    >> overlooking something?

    > just close the program and click on the icon you use to start FF.
    >
    > How did you start FF in safe mode?

    yeah, i had the same problem. i had to reinstall all of my stuff again,
    after starting FF in safe mode from the Windows /Programs menu...

    --
    Grace:DL W+B+C G+Y 15 X L W C+++ I+++ T++/T A-- E- H S+ V+ Q P B PA+ PL+
    Benny:OS S+B B 8 Y L+++ W+ C+++ I+++ T/T-- A+ E+ H+ S+ V+ Q P B PA- PL-

    see: hxxp://miss.lezard.free.fr/decoder.php

    bob from oz, May 16, 2007
  4. RyeTronics

    Guest

    For anyone that needs to get mozilla firefox out of safe mode and
    cannot find a way through preferences (I sure couldn't) PLEASE don't
    remove or reinstall FF before trying this, it's a pain to lose all of
    your links and personal tweaks.

    Shut the browser then remove all icons that have (Safe Mode) on them
    (try waving your mouse over it to find out), whether in your quick
    launch or start menu.

    Go to start, then my computer, open your C drive.

    Select Program Files and look for Mozilla Firefox.

    Drag and drop this icon into your quick launch bar to store it there,
    or right click and hit 'Send to > Desktop' to send it there.

    That will do it :) I don't understand how it happened for mine. My 7
    year old son managed it, I probably couldn't do it myself with a
    manual :) The only time you'll have to do this really is if you have
    no other available icon for FF that hasn't been changed into a safe
    mode icon. But just remember that the original files are stored in
    the Program Files folder, so be careful when you're in there, don't
    delete anything if you don't know what it is :)

    , May 21, 2007
  5. wrote:
    > For anyone that needs to get mozilla firefox out of safe mode and
    > cannot find a way through preferences (I sure couldn't) PLEASE don't
    > remove or reinstall FF before trying this, it's a pain to lose all of
    > your links and personal tweaks.
    >
    > Shut the browser then remove all icons that have (Safe Mode) on them
    > (try waving your mouse over it to find out), whether in your quick
    > launch or start menu.
    >
    > Go to start, then my computer, open your C drive.
    >
    > Select Program Files and look for Mozilla Firefox.
    >
    > Drag and drop this icon into your quick launch bar to store it there,
    > or right click and hit 'Send to > Desktop' to send it there.
    >

    > That will do it :) I don't understand how it happened for mine. My 7
    > year old son managed it, I probably couldn't do it myself with a
    > manual :) The only time you'll have to do this really is if you have
    > no other available icon for FF that hasn't been changed into a safe
    > mode icon. But just remember that the original files are stored in
    > the Program Files folder, so be careful when you're in there, don't
    > delete anything if you don't know what it is :)

    To get out of safe mode you simply start up normally.

    You shouldn't have changed your desktop icon to a 'safe mode' one in the
    first place.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 22, 2007
  6. RyeTronics

    bob from oz Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > To get out of safe mode you simply start up normally.

    not exactly. last time i tried safe mode, when i next booted and ran the
    "normal" FF from it's menu, there were no plugins etc., no matter how
    many time i tried. using version:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
    Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

    bob from oz, May 22, 2007
  7. bob from oz wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> To get out of safe mode you simply start up normally.

    > not exactly. last time i tried safe mode, when i next booted and ran the
    > "normal" FF from it's menu, there were no plugins etc., no matter how
    > many time i tried. using version:
    >
    > Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
    > Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

    How did you get Firefox into safe mode in the first place, did you
    change the profile to automatically invoke safe mode? Sounds like you did.

    Moz Champion (Dan), May 23, 2007
  8. RyeTronics

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > bob from oz wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>> To get out of safe mode you simply start up normally.

    >> not exactly. last time i tried safe mode, when i next booted and ran
    >> the "normal" FF from it's menu, there were no plugins etc., no matter
    >> how many time i tried. using version:
    >>
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
    >> Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3
    >>

    > How did you get Firefox into safe mode in the first place, did you
    > change the profile to automatically invoke safe mode? Sounds like you did.

    Is it possible that the user is NOT in safe mode, merely running with a
    new profile, which (being new) has no addons installed. Consider
    running profile manager (isn't that with "-p"?) to see if there are
    multiple profiles.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, May 23, 2007
  9. RyeTronics

    bob from oz Guest

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> not exactly. last time i tried safe mode, when i next booted and ran
    >> the "normal" FF from it's menu, there were no plugins etc., no matter
    >> how many time i tried. using version:
    >>
    >> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3)
    >> Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3

    > How did you get Firefox into safe mode in the first place, did you
    > change the profile to automatically invoke safe mode? Sounds like you did.

    Hi again. I just used "Start->Programs->Mozilla Firefox->Mozilla Firefox
    (Safe Mode)"

    i did this to test whether an add-on was causing a problem or not. when
    i quit and ran "Start->Programs->Mozilla Firefox->Mozilla Firefox" (not
    safe mode) none of my add-ons etc. were available. i set everything up
    by hand again. i'm not game to try it again just in case :)

    bob from oz, May 23, 2007