    http://tinyurl.com/c8g96 (3DCommune)
    =====================
    Remove nospam in mail address when mailing me
    TheCroW, Oct 29, 2006

  2. TheCroW

    Snooky Guest

    > So how to set FF 1.5.0.7 so that it opens also HTML files on hard disk with
    > a program like my HTML editor?

    It should be doing so automatically. If you're using Dreamweaver and using the "preview in browser" key (which is F12 from memory) then what that does is make a temporary .html file in a temporary directory.

    Sounds like more an OS thing than a FF thing.
    Snooky, Oct 29, 2006

  3. TheCroW

    Trevor Guest

    On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 10:31:51 +0100, "TheCroW" <>
    wrote:

    >Some programs like my HTML editor make previews and save those on disk, in
    >my case F:\ ... within the program I then can view the saved file. I choose
    >FF as browser then ... but when openend, FF says that (translated from
    >Dutch): "Firefox doesn't know how to open this adress, because the protocol
    >(f) is not associated with any program." ... but when clicked directly on
    >the HD it does open in FF.
    >So how to set FF 1.5.0.7 so that it opens also HTML files on hard disk with
    >a program like my HTML editor?

    You can only associate one program at a time for any specific file
    type. Multiple file types can be opened by ONE program. If you want
    FF to open HTM and/or HTML then right click each one at a time and
    choose "Open With" | "Choose Program" | pick FF or browse for it.
    Then make sure to check the box, Always use the selected program...

    Good Luck,

    Trev
    Trevor, Oct 29, 2006