    IP address, not even an ad-riddled parking page, which is suprising given
    the domain. Their whois info is fake so I can't even offer to buy it from
    them. Any ideas?

    Nik Coughlin, Dec 8, 2008

  2. Nik Coughlin

    EMB Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > There's a domain I want but someone is sitting on it. It's not pointed
    > at an IP address, not even an ad-riddled parking page, which is
    > suprising given the domain. Their whois info is fake so I can't even
    > offer to buy it from them. Any ideas?

    If it's a .nz then a complaint to the DNC should get it for you - false
    registrant info in the .nz namespace /will/ be attended to.

    EMB, Dec 8, 2008

  3. Nik Coughlin

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:52:00 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> There's a domain I want but someone is sitting on it. It's not pointed
    >> at an IP address, not even an ad-riddled parking page, which is
    >> suprising given the domain. Their whois info is fake so I can't even
    >> offer to buy it from them. Any ideas?

    >If it's a .nz then a complaint to the DNC should get it for you - false
    >registrant info in the .nz namespace /will/ be attended to.

    Don't some registrars offer a service where your contact info is kept
    secret?

    --
    Ray Greene

    Ray Greene, Dec 8, 2008
  4. Nik Coughlin

    EMB Guest

    Ray Greene wrote:
    > On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:52:00 +1300, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >>> There's a domain I want but someone is sitting on it. It's not pointed
    >>> at an IP address, not even an ad-riddled parking page, which is
    >>> suprising given the domain. Their whois info is fake so I can't even
    >>> offer to buy it from them. Any ideas?

    >> If it's a .nz then a complaint to the DNC should get it for you - false
    >> registrant info in the .nz namespace /will/ be attended to.

    > Don't some registrars offer a service where your contact info is kept
    > secret?

    Yes, but that is in contravention of the .nz registration rules.

    EMB, Dec 8, 2008
  5. Nik Coughlin

    EMB Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > "Ray Greene" <> wrote in message

    >>> If it's a .nz then a complaint to the DNC should get it for you - false
    >>> registrant info in the .nz namespace /will/ be attended to.

    > Sorry, I know I'm replying to wrong person, but easier than making two
    > posts. It's a .com unfortunately

    In that case I think you're out of luck.

    EMB, Dec 8, 2008