How to get Dimage Viewer to install

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Quatermass, Jul 13, 2005.

  1. Quatermass

    Quatermass Guest

    I had V2.11 in my PC and I couldn't get V2.2 or 2.37 to install as it
    claimed I didn't have a previous version installed!

    So here is how I fixed it.

    I did something clever. ;-)

    I ran a registry monitoring tool called RegMon (IT experts will know
    this wonderful free tool) and got it to look for changes or lookups in
    the registry with the name 'Minolta'.

    (I also used FileMon, but there appears to be no file look up in the
    installer's initial stages).

    I then ran the Dimage V2.37 upgrade tool.

    RegMon told me that the registry path in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MINOLTA\7300
    was being examined for a string value called 'HomePath'.

    It wasn't set in my machine.

    So I added it myself using Regedit and gave it the value of

    "C:\Program Files\DiMAGE Viewer"

    Which is where my copy of V2.11 was installed.

    I then ran the V2.37 installer and it installed 2.37 just fine! :))

    Very easy!

    Here is the registry patch if you want to make a registry file to
    simply doubleclick on.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MINOLTA\7300]
    "HomePath"="C:\\Program Files\\DiMAGE Viewer"

    Open up Notepad. Copy the lines between the '------' and save it to
    your desktop as whatever.reg

    If your copy of Dimage Viewer is installed somewhere else then you'll
    need to alter the homepath of course. (The use of '\\' is correct).

    Simply double click it and this value will be added to your registry.

    Simple.

    Now if you have a V2.xx installed and couldn't get a later version to
    install. Now you can.

    Enjoy.

    Quatermass, Jul 13, 2005