How to get BT to change 'Disconnect Clear Time'

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ron Lowe, Oct 5, 2007.

  1. Ron Lowe

    Ron Lowe Guest

    Hi, all.

    We have an Asterisk PABX with TDM400 card, connected to a regular BT
    domestic line.
    There is an issue with it detecting when the caller has hung up.
    This is fairly well documented.

    The documented remedy is to have BT increase the 'Disconnect Clear Time' on
    your line, from the default 100 to 800.

    But what BT number / service do I need to call to get hold of someone who
    will understand what I'm on about? I'm rather dreading the BT-shunt phone
    call, starting presumably in India, and then shunting around a dozen
    different departments all telling me it can't be done etc before ending up
    back at the start.

    Any pointers on how to get directly to the correct dept appreciated!

    --
    Ron

    Ron Lowe, Oct 5, 2007

  2. Ron Lowe

    Jono Guest

    Ron Lowe formulated on Friday :
    > Hi, all.
    >
    > We have an Asterisk PABX with TDM400 card, connected to a regular BT domestic
    > line.
    > There is an issue with it detecting when the caller has hung up.
    > This is fairly well documented.
    >
    > The documented remedy is to have BT increase the 'Disconnect Clear Time' on
    > your line, from the default 100 to 800.
    >
    > But what BT number / service do I need to call to get hold of someone who
    > will understand what I'm on about? I'm rather dreading the BT-shunt phone
    > call, starting presumably in India, and then shunting around a dozen
    > different departments all telling me it can't be done etc before ending up
    > back at the start.
    >
    > Any pointers on how to get directly to the correct dept appreciated!

    Raise it as a fault

    Jono, Oct 5, 2007

  3. Ron Lowe

    Ron Lowe Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Ron Lowe formulated on Friday :
    >> Hi, all.
    >>
    >> We have an Asterisk PABX with TDM400 card, connected to a regular BT
    >> domestic line.
    >> There is an issue with it detecting when the caller has hung up.
    >> This is fairly well documented.
    >>
    >> The documented remedy is to have BT increase the 'Disconnect Clear Time'
    >> on your line, from the default 100 to 800.
    >>
    >> But what BT number / service do I need to call to get hold of someone who
    >> will understand what I'm on about? I'm rather dreading the BT-shunt
    >> phone call, starting presumably in India, and then shunting around a
    >> dozen different departments all telling me it can't be done etc before
    >> ending up back at the start.
    >>
    >> Any pointers on how to get directly to the correct dept appreciated!

    > Raise it as a fault

    Yup, that worked. The 0800 800 151 number got me through to someone who
    took the details of what I wanted ( but clearly didn't understand what it
    was ), said they would contact technical people and call me back.

    To my surprise, she called back within 5 mins, and said 'Yes, that's done
    now!'.

    And so it was.

    --
    Ron

    Ron Lowe, Oct 6, 2007
  4. Ron Lowe

    Rob Walker Guest

    "Ron Lowe" <ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS> wrote in message
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Ron Lowe formulated on Friday :
    >>> Hi, all.
    >>>
    >>> We have an Asterisk PABX with TDM400 card, connected to a regular BT
    >>> domestic line.
    >>> There is an issue with it detecting when the caller has hung up.
    >>> This is fairly well documented.
    >>>
    >>> The documented remedy is to have BT increase the 'Disconnect Clear Time'
    >>> on your line, from the default 100 to 800.
    >>>
    >>> But what BT number / service do I need to call to get hold of someone
    >>> who will understand what I'm on about? I'm rather dreading the
    >>> BT-shunt phone call, starting presumably in India, and then shunting
    >>> around a dozen different departments all telling me it can't be done etc
    >>> before ending up back at the start.
    >>>
    >>> Any pointers on how to get directly to the correct dept appreciated!

    >> Raise it as a fault

    > Yup, that worked. The 0800 800 151 number got me through to someone who
    > took the details of what I wanted ( but clearly didn't understand what it
    > was ), said they would contact technical people and call me back.
    >
    > To my surprise, she called back within 5 mins, and said 'Yes, that's done
    > now!'.
    >
    > And so it was.

    I needed this done on a customer's line for the same reason and I called
    asked for the loop disconnect time to be increased. They did it there and
    then. I was as surprised as you!

    Rob Walker, Oct 6, 2007