    so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same. Any
    suggestions
    how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

    Fred J, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Fred J

    HF Guest

    Have you done the update ? Dont rely on SR. Reinstal your dial up
    connection and forget SR. Works best when disabled. At least then you know
    it is not going to help.
    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
    > I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get on. I
    > called my
    > ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I tried

    > go to
    > System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click on
    > the
    > back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or on

    it
    > is on
    > so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same.

    Any
    > suggestions
    > how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

    ---

    HF, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Fred J

    WebWalker Guest

    Your better bid is to download a spyware killer program such as Ad-ware
    from http://www.lavasoft.nu/.
    Btw did you download the latest virus data file?
    If yes, try to do a virus scan to all your hd(s).

    --
    WebWalker

    WebWalker, Sep 14, 2004