    so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same. Any
    suggestions
    how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred
    Fred J, Sep 13, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Eos Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    news:fm71d.18961$...
    > I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
    > I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get on. I
    > called my
    > ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I tried

    > go to
    > System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click on
    > the
    > back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or on

    it
    > is on
    > so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same.

    Any
    > suggestions
    > how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

    That's what they call a "Chinese Snooker"!
    ;o)
    Eos, Sep 13, 2004

  3. Fred J

    Eos Guest

    "Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > > I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
    > > I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get on.

    > > called my
    > > ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I tried

    > > go to
    > > System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click

    on
    > > the
    > > back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or on

    > it
    > > is on
    > > so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the same.

    > Any
    > > suggestions
    > > how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

    First of all you need to get this....
    http://www.ada-ware.com/
    But...'You can't get on the internet....'cos all your settings are
    screwed....'check them all again.
    The spyware can only change settings, but you can change them back.
    Delete you DialUp Connectiod and recreate it....'check IE settings also!
    Then checkout OE if you use it.
    Be thorough! You'll find the right settings!
    Eos.
    Eos, Sep 13, 2004
  4. Fred J

    Billh Guest

    Try this site they have a free down load that will rebuild your winsock and
    get you back online.

    Billh, Sep 13, 2004
  5. Fred J

    > "Eos" <FreeSoft@(SkipTheBrackets)Tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Fred J" <> wrote in message
    > > > I downloaded some free Spyware program on my computer and since then
    > > > I can not get on the Internet I uninstalled it but still can not get

    on.
    > > > called my
    > > > ISP (cable) they told me that from their side is everything O.K. I

    tried
    > > > go to
    > > > System Restore but can not get to previous month (august) when I click

    > on
    > > > the
    > > > back arrow nothing happens. I checked if the Restore System is off or

    on
    > > it
    > > > is on
    > > > so why I can not move back, I tried it even in Safe Mode it is the

    same.
    > > Any
    > > > suggestions
    > > > how could I get back in the System Restore? Thanks Fred

    Try this....
    Put the Windows CD in the drive. Now just put this in the RUN command box
    and hit enter.....

    rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf

    Bet it works!
    Eos.
    Eos, Sep 13, 2004