    cisco device (RJ45-console).

    Thank you for support,
    dmitro

    Dmitro, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Re: how to get access to 8 cisco-device by console from one point? (AS2509-RJ?)

    Dmitro <> writes:
    >To get access to 8 cisco-device by console I use Access Server 2509-RJ
    >Ethernet/Serial/8 Async. On each device I get by telnet ip_address_AS
    >and port TTY.
    >Q1) How to connect to device on ansync port of AS when you logging into
    >AS by console (without telnet at all)?

    You still need to telnet, either from outside the machine, or from the
    CLI from the term server. Some people setup host entries so you can
    just telnet or connect line3 and it'll go to the right reverse-telnet port.

    > If it is possible, maybe i can
    >create menu (port 1 - press 1, port 2 - press 2)? :)

    Yes you can. You'll have to search the cisco docs for 'menu'.

    >Q2) AS2509/AS2511 - end of sale models. Whitch another cisco-device is
    >the best alternative of AS2509/AS2511?

    The recommended router is the 2600/2800 with the NM-8A or
    NM-16A. They also have an NM-32A now too.

    >Q3) Please recommend me another device which get me access to 8-16
    >cisco device (RJ45-console).

    There's lots of console server applications. The cyclades ones look to
    be very nice.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Dmitro

    Dmitro Guest

    Re: how to get access to 8 cisco-device by console from one point?(AS2509-RJ?)

    Thank you very much for your reply.
    very usefull information.
    dmitro

    Dmitro, Jan 15, 2005