How to get a replacement disk for your OEM XP x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?c29ucy1mYXRoZXI=?=, Oct 27, 2006.

  1. First, though there are a few nice people in this group who would like to
    help you, there are those who prefer to insult you rather than admit they
    have no answer. I can't imagine they have any kind of a social life due to
    this personality flaw, so they infest newsgroups like this one and act like
    they have some form of value to the humanity here.

    They don't.

    To the ones who wanted to help me, here is the answer I found from
    Microsoft:

    Hello,

    All End Users should first seek support through their System Builder.
    However, if unable to obtain support from their System Builder, we offer do
    offer the End User E-2-E Media Replacement support at a minimal charge.

    The End User can access the End User Media Replacement Form via the below
    links depending upon their location.

    US/Canada: http://www.microsoft.ca/smallbiz/replacemedia/default.mspx

    Latam (Spanish): http://www.microsoft.com/latam/windows/soporte/

    Brazil (Portuguese): http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/windows/suporte/

    In order to validate your replacement request, you will need to provide a
    valid COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number on the End User Media
    Replacement Form.
    This is a 14 digit numerical number in the following format:
    00000-000-000-000. The COA number usually can be found on your manual that
    came with the product.

    For more information on locating your COA number see
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...a.mspx?quizType=oem&compareButton=Compare Now

    If you are unable to provide the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number,
    we will need you to fax the proof-of-purchase information (photocopy of your
    original invoice, along with a dated sales receipt) along with your completed
    End User Media Replacement Form, so we may validate your proof-of purchase.
    Once your proof-of purchase is validated, we may process your replacement
    request.

    Reminder: Microsoft cannot ship to PO BOXES, so please list a street
    address for your ship-to location.

    =?Utf-8?B?c29ucy1mYXRoZXI=?=, Oct 27, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c29ucy1mYXRoZXI=?=

    Theo Guest

    I don't know why you think it is necessary to berate people
    in this forum for not being able to provide you the answer
    to your situation. One of the first responses was you were
    in the wrong place and you chose to ignore it. I advised
    you based on personal experience with a situation to pick up
    the telephone and call Microsoft, but that wasn't good
    enough for you.

    Theo, Oct 27, 2006

  3. No one, at any time, berated you. Honestly. So I'm sorry you felt that way -
    it wasn't directed at you.

    I actually very much appreciate your getting back to the group with what you
    were able to discover. It sounds like you have a viable solution to the
    problem, and that's actually good news. I honestly thought you were going to
    be out of luck.
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64