    Any other way?

    Thank you.

    , Jun 17, 2007

  2. Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 16, 10:28 pm, wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > How many methods can be used to make a cisco router forward multi/
    > broadcast on frame-relay interface?
    > I know one way is to map each dlci, like "frame-relay map ip
    > 131.108.123.1 100 broadcast".
    > Any other way?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Don't think so. Frame Relay is point to point and NBMA, and therefore
    that is the only way to ensure that broadcast traffic makes its way
    across, and even then, only for traffic that would be 'broadcasted'
    anyway.

    Multicast on the other hand does have some other solutions, although
    they may require the original command you have above. Here is the
    documentation that you need...should answer your questions:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/mcst_sol/frm_rlay.htm

    Trendkill, Jun 17, 2007

  3. Guest