    Thanks in advance.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    Steve Freides, Sep 21, 2005

  2. "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Someone sent me a spreadsheet with a column for email addresses. Only
    > some of the addresses are clickable links and I thought I'd do
    > everyone a service and fix the cells that aren't formatted properly
    > and sent the spreadsheet back out again. (It's a team list for one of
    > my kids' sports teams.)
    >
    > But, when I go into format, I see lots of things like text, number,
    > currency, special - but no email. How does one do this?

    Version - I'm using Microsoft Excel Office 2003, SP1, running Windows XP
    Pro, SP2, with all current patches to both the OS and the product.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Sep 21, 2005

  3. Steve Freides

    Zilva Zanga Guest

    > "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    >> Someone sent me a spreadsheet with a column for email addresses. Only
    >> some of the addresses are clickable links and I thought I'd do everyone a
    >> service and fix the cells that aren't formatted properly and sent the
    >> spreadsheet back out again. (It's a team list for one of my kids' sports
    >> teams.)
    >>
    >> But, when I go into format, I see lots of things like text, number,
    >> currency, special - but no email. How does one do this?

    > Version - I'm using Microsoft Excel Office 2003, SP1, running Windows XP
    > Pro, SP2, with all current patches to both the OS and the product.
    >
    > -S-
    >
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >> -S-
    >> http://www.kbnj.com

    Try re-posting on microsoft.public.excel, microsoft.public.excel.misc &/or
    microsoft.public.excel.newusers

    Zilva Zanga, Sep 21, 2005
  4. Steve Freides

    andy Guest

    > No, this doesn't work the same way. When I do what you said, the text
    > "mailto:" show up in the spreadsheet. It does result in a clickable link
    > but I'd like the "clean" version where the link is clickable but you don't
    > see the "mailto:" in the cell. That's the way it was when I received it,
    > and the cells thus formatted still work that way.

    Do it the way suggested, then edit the cell and remove the "mailto:"

    Worked for me.

    andy, Sep 21, 2005
  5. "andy" <> wrote in message

    > "Steve Freides" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> No, this doesn't work the same way. When I do what you said, the
    >> text "mailto:" show up in the spreadsheet. It does result in a
    >> clickable link but I'd like the "clean" version where the link is
    >> clickable but you don't see the "mailto:" in the cell. That's the
    >> way it was when I received it, and the cells thus formatted still
    >> work that way.

    > Do it the way suggested, then edit the cell and remove the "mailto:"
    >
    > Worked for me.

    Ah, now we're getting somewhere. You can also right-click the cell, and
    choose Edit Hyperlink, change the Text To Display, and you're golden.

    Turns out the way to do this right from the get-go is to right-click the
    cell and select Hyperlink.

    Thanks very much.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    Steve Freides, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Steve Freides

    Zilva Zanga Guest

    Re: outdoors Zilva Zanga. Three big sin-girl dicks

    Zilva Zanga, <>, whose name means "never grew up; gets
    turned on by porn; needs cash so will **** or suck for peanuts",
    yackety-yakked:

    Zilva Zanga, Sep 22, 2005
  7. Steve Freides

    "Zilva Zanga" <"zilva.zanga"@comp.graphics.strumpets> wrote in message
    > Zilva Zanga, <>, whose name means "never grew up;
    > gets
    > turned on by porn; needs cash so will **** or suck for peanuts",
    > yackety-yakked:
    >
    >> woman-of-Babylon with large cooze and skinny bouncers yearns for giant
    >> purple-veined tonsil-tickler for avaricious nooky. Mail me at

    If that's all you use individual.net for you're wasting Mummy & Daddy's
    money.

    Zilva Zanga, Sep 23, 2005
  8. Steve Freides

    Zilva Zanga Guest

    Re: Zilva Zanga crazy young amateur...i'm from washington

    Zilva Zanga, <>, whose name means "watches ER for handy
    tips on treatment and diagnosis of disease; hangs around in pubs and never
    buys", flared:

    Zilva Zanga, Sep 23, 2005
  9. Steve Freides

    powerman1959

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Here is an even easier way. Just go to the cell, put the cursor at the end of the text; and then hit enter. Now the cell looks like it should, like an email address.

    Now, right-click on this cell and 'Copy'. Highlight the column, row, or cells and right-click. Select "Past Special", then "Format". You're done!

    powerman1959, Dec 28, 2010