    Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
    with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
    Instant Messenger.
    Aslam Javed, Aug 9, 2005

  2. Aslam Javed

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:30:03 GMT, "Aslam Javed" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
    >with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
    >Instant Messenger.

    There would have to be an active transfer of data (voice, files, etc.) between you and them at the moment you check.
    You'd check by using the command line and typing in netstat and pressing enter.
    Harrison, Aug 9, 2005

  3. Aslam Javed

    Vanguard Guest

    "Aslam Javed" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is
    > chatting with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger
    > or any other Instant Messenger.

    If they are going through a proxy or service, you can't get their IP
    address. You only get the IP address of whatever host is connecting to
    you, and that would be MSN's or Yahoo's Messenger service (i.e., those
    services are connecting to you, not the user). You could always just
    ask them.

    For e-mail, remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" passcode to Subject.
    Vanguard, Aug 9, 2005
  4. Aslam Javed

    Guest

    "Aslam Javed" <> wrote:

    |>Can anyone explain how to find an IP address of someone, who is chatting
    |>with you: for an instance in MSN Messenger or Yahoo Messenger or any other
    |>Instant Messenger.

    Try TcpView http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html
    I don't use the messenger services but when I P2P I can see
    everybody's IP address and DNS name.

    --
    , Aug 9, 2005
  5. Aslam Javed

    cdnsoldier69

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    CFB Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada
    I am trying to find someone's IP address because of a conversation I had with them last night. I was playing Pyramids on Yahoo! and someone came into the room with a suspicious name. It was 'gonnakillmyself'. Normally, I don't chat with people while I am playing my game, but this one kinda peeked my interest. I had to ask some questions. I actually got this person to chat with me in Yahoo! IM, but for the life of me, I had no idea how to retrieve this person's IP address so I could pass the information on to the local authorities. From what she told me, she sounded pretty serious. I have to do something about this. If you have any answers for this question, please forward to cdnsoldier69athotmaildotcom

    Thanks
    cdnsoldier69, Aug 29, 2008
  6. Aslam Javed

    adriman

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    check this tool to get someones IP address

    h tt p://ww w.myiptest. com/staticpages/index.php/how-about-you

    *This tool is for informational purposes only. Don’t use this trick for any illegal purposes. This tool requires the other person's cooperation.
    adriman, Jul 26, 2009
  7. Aslam Javed

    Sameeraa

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    You can check out the ip address by making use of this site , i used this site for finding my Ip address & got the answer , you too make use of this site to find out the ip information , it provide in formation at cheap cost
    Sameeraa, Oct 14, 2010
  8. Aslam Javed

    pondus

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    The easiest way is to go to http://www.fuglekos.com/ip-grabber/index.html

    and just follow the instructions there.
    pondus, Mar 7, 2012
  9. Aslam Javed

    pondus

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    The trick from fuglekos.com/ip-grabber/ seems to work in facebook only if you send it as link. If pasted as image, the facebook server fetches it for the user and leaves its own ip instead of the recievers ip. Probably some privacy policy they have.

    It works if sent as link, and the facebook user clicks on it.
    pondus, Mar 14, 2012
  10. Aslam Javed

    farhid

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    farhid, Jun 3, 2012
  11. Aslam Javed

    m0resleep

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Go to grabtheirip.com find out their ip in three easy steps

    Step 1: Enter your e-mail address, redirection URL (where the person whoose IP address or geolocation you want to get will be redirected after he/she clicks the link we give you), enter the captcha, and click "Get link".
    Step 2: Send the innocent link we give you to your friend.
    Step 3: When your friend, or anyone else for that matter, clicks the link, a hidden script will send you that person's IP address and geolocation.
    m0resleep, Dec 24, 2012
  12. Aslam Javed

    NotATroller

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4
    MemeCenter_1359920833209_175.jpg

    Yous has to tells him to tells you ip address
    NotATroller, Feb 3, 2013
  13. Aslam Javed

    pondus

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2012
    Messages:
    5
    If you want to find someones ip and you know their skype user name, try to type in the skype user name and hit enter on this site:
    karamell.nazuka.net:85/

    It is a skype resolver ;)
    pondus, Mar 2, 2013