    Is it possible to determine who the provider
    on the Voip number is? If so, how?

    Nick.

    Nick, Apr 12, 2008

  2. In article <EwYLj.37939$>,
    Nick <> wrote:
    >I am receiving emails with .wav attachments
    >that have been created on a VoIP telephone
    >system.
    >
    >I know the telephone number (it's include in
    >the text of the email) and if called it always
    >goes to the voicemail.
    >
    >Why I receive the voice/emails can only be
    >resumed as an error, done by whoever set
    >up the service.
    >
    >Is it possible to determine who the provider
    >on the Voip number is? If so, how?

    You could narrow it down to the top-level provider (eg. BT, Magrathea,
    Gamma, etc.) but going further might prove tricky. (Eg. to their
    resellers), and even then you need to go even further to the actual site
    with the PBX that's sending the emails.

    Does the IP address in the headers give any better clues? Anything in
    the message itself which might indicate the company sending the emails
    to you?

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 12, 2008

  3. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "Gordon Henderson" <> wrote in message
    > In article <EwYLj.37939$>,
    > Nick <> wrote:
    > >I am receiving emails with .wav attachments
    > >that have been created on a VoIP telephone
    > >system.
    > >
    > >I know the telephone number (it's include in
    > >the text of the email) and if called it always
    > >goes to the voicemail.
    > >
    > >Why I receive the voice/emails can only be
    > >resumed as an error, done by whoever set
    > >up the service.
    > >
    > >Is it possible to determine who the provider
    > >on the Voip number is? If so, how?

    > You could narrow it down to the top-level provider (eg. BT, Magrathea,
    > Gamma, etc.) but going further might prove tricky. (Eg. to their
    > resellers), and even then you need to go even further to the actual site
    > with the PBX that's sending the emails.
    >
    > Does the IP address in the headers give any better clues? Anything in
    > the message itself which might indicate the company sending the emails
    > to you?
    >
    > Gordon

    Thanks Gordon,

    I think I've got a good lead on the provider know, thanks to you reminding
    me to look at the headers! (A senior moment I fear)

    Nick, Apr 12, 2008