    use to be always different when I checked, now is always the same
    192.168.0.2 how can I find out what is my real IP address?
    Thanks Fred
    Fred J, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Fred J Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    in <rkB%a.58029$>:

    > I am connected to the internet via cable, a have 2 computers
    > connected with a router. My question is if my friend and me have
    > PcAnywhere installed which IP address should I give him to be
    > able him to connect to me. Before I had a router my IP address
    > use to be always different when I checked, now is always the same
    > 192.168.0.2 how can I find out what is my real IP address?
    > Thanks Fred

    Fred, just go to www.whatismyip.com and you will have your IP
    address...

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Fred J

    pcbutts1 Guest

    After you get your IP from the site that Thund3rstruck gave you will have to
    configure the correct ports on your router to allow PC Anywhere access by
    routing those ports to your internal IP address. I don't know what ports PC
    Anywhere uses.

    pcbutts1, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Fred J

    claude nine Guest

    On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:15:42 -0400, Thund3rstruck
    <> wrote:

    >Fred J Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    >in <rkB%a.58029$>:
    >
    >> I am connected to the internet via cable, a have 2 computers
    >> connected with a router. My question is if my friend and me have
    >> PcAnywhere installed which IP address should I give him to be
    >> able him to connect to me. Before I had a router my IP address
    >> use to be always different when I checked, now is always the same
    >> 192.168.0.2 how can I find out what is my real IP address?
    >> Thanks Fred

    > Fred, just go to www.whatismyip.com and you will have your IP
    >address...
    >
    > NOI

    I went to that URL - it gave me the wrong address for this computer.
    claude nine, Aug 17, 2003
  5. Fred J

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 02:29:32 GMT, pcbutts1 wrote:

    >After you get your IP from the site that Thund3rstruck gave you will have to
    >configure the correct ports on your router to allow PC Anywhere access by
    >routing those ports to your internal IP address. I don't know what ports PC
    >Anywhere uses.

    This is a handy listing, for future reference.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/app_port_list.htm
    Special Application Port  List
    Messaging & Conferencing , Audio & Video  , Games
    Common Servers , Other (including remote control)

    >"Fred J" <> wrote in message
    >> I am connected to the internet via cable, a have 2 computers
    >> connected with a router. My question is if my friend and me have
    >> PcAnywhere installed which IP address should I give him to be

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Aug 17, 2003
  6. Fred J

    JabberSmith Guest

    > > NOI

    > I went to that URL - it gave me the wrong address for this computer.

    No. You have the wrong idea about IPs. The site gave you the right one.

    192.168.* is a non-routable block of IPs, your router gave it to your PCs to
    use on your network. The router also manages the outside (which is your
    REAL IP) address for you.

    To find it, go to a web site, or log into the router and check the status
    area, it should say there too.

    Oh, and read your router manual, you will have a second problem to tackle
    soon. The answer is there. You have too little idea what you are doing to
    safely put PC anywhere on the internet as well, did you know there are
    remote exploit holes in the thing all over? You are going to be hacked
    within days of installing that, so you had better figure out what you are
    doing before you proceed.

    Back up your stuff too... you'll be formatting your hard drive to clean it
    before long.
    JabberSmith, Aug 17, 2003
  7. Fred J

    Ed Guest

    That site gave me the wrong IP too.
    Mine is cable-always starts with 24.
    The site gave me my internal ip

    Ed, Aug 17, 2003
  8. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    Why are you telling *me* this?

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:35:40 GMT, in
    <w9O%a.214171$>
    Ed scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 17, 2003
  9. "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Why are you telling *me* this?

    Maybe he missed you? ;-)

    Sentient Fluid, Aug 17, 2003
  10. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:37:23 GMT, in
    <TPQ%a.756797$>
    Sentient Fluid scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Why are you telling *me* this?

    >Maybe he missed you? ;-)

    Missed me? <Boggle!>

    °Mike°, Aug 17, 2003
  11. Fred J

    gangle Guest

    Because you are a twalb.

    "°Mike°" wrote

    gangle, Aug 18, 2003
  12. Or, you can go to www.ipchicken.com

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Windows 9x/ME
    > Start / Run / winipcfg
    >
    > Windows NT/2000/XP
    > Start / Run / ipconfig
    >

    > On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:54:22 -0400, in
    > <rkB%a.58029$>
    > Fred J scrawled:
    >
    > >I am connected to the internet via cable, a have 2 computers
    > >connected with a router. My question is if my friend and me have
    > >PcAnywhere installed which IP address should I give him to be
    > >able him to connect to me. Before I had a router my IP address
    > >use to be always different when I checked, now is always the same
    > >192.168.0.2 how can I find out what is my real IP address?
    > >Thanks Fred
    > >

    > --
    > Basic computer maintenance

    ---
    Michael S. Toth, Aug 18, 2003
  13. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    "Oh frabjous day! Calooh! Callay!”

    On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:32:34 -0700, in
    <>
    gangle scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2003
  14. This is the Flibbydabby Dee service of the BBC, & on Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:34:02
    +0100, °Mike° uttered this:

    A twalb, eh? And I bet all this time, that you've been thinking you were a
    KTARIAN!

    William Poaster, Aug 18, 2003
  15. Fred J

    °Mike° Guest

    Don't *you* start! I'm confuzzled enough, as it is! <g>

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:44:50 +0100, in
    <>
    William Poaster scrawled:

    °Mike°, Aug 18, 2003