    should look like.
    Plus if it isn't capable - what do I need to buy.

    Hope somoneone can hlep - thansk.

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFmZmxlZDMy?=, Apr 13, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YmFmZmxlZDMy?=

    Guest

    On 13-Apr-2007, =?Utf-8?B?YmFmZmxlZDMy?= <> wrote:

    > How/where do I look to find out if it has a wireless card plesae.

    If XP try Control Panel then Computer Management then
    Administrative Tools then Device Manager then right hand
    pane Network Devices.
    If you have an installed wireless device it should show there.

    Note if it's a laptop, wireless devices sometimes are
    switched off but (in theory) should still show.
    Very unlikely is the situation where you have an
    uninstalled or improperly installed wireless device.
    In this situation I would expect to see it in Network
    Devices with a warning icon, or a message new
    hardware found.
    If you haven't got a network device you can go for
    a wireless adapter. I like USB wireless adapters
    since you can move them on the end of the USB
    cable to get the best signal.
    Cards with aerials can get screened by the case
    being between the aerial and the access point.
    But it's horses for courses, each has its
    advocates.

    , Apr 13, 2007

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 13, 2007
  4. Thanks so much - so obvious when you know how!

    =?Utf-8?B?YmFmZmxlZDMy?=, Apr 14, 2007