  1. I have a Linksys Wireless Access Point that was setup long time ago and I
    forgot the IP address it was set for. Is there any way to find the IP
    address? ( it must be 192.168.??.??)
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=, Nov 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=

    Adam Membrey Guest

    Are you connected to that AP? If so do you have DHCP enabled?

    If you do you can just get the IP address by going to a command prompt and
    typing "ipconfig /all" and look at the default gateway

    Adam Membrey, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Yes it is connected to my PC's local NIC. But the problem I have Ipconfig
    will only show local NIC IP not the WAP IP since WAP unit is a separate node.
    I am trying to access the Setup utility built into the WAP and I dont think
    it has a DHCP server. Therefore I must set my local NIC to the same
    Network segment to access it. Without this information I have no way of
    accessing the built in Setup. I can set my local NIC Mask to 255.255.0.0
    but then I have to try 255x255 ip combinations !
    I used the Linksys Setup utility that came with it and It cannot detect the
    WAP !...

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=, Nov 12, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=

    Malke Guest

    Halexi wrote:

    > Yes it is connected to my PC's local NIC. But the problem I have
    > Ipconfig will only show local NIC IP not the WAP IP since WAP unit is
    > a separate node.
    > I am trying to access the Setup utility built into the WAP and I
    > dont think
    > it has a DHCP server. Therefore I must set my local NIC to the same
    > Network segment to access it. Without this information I have no way
    > of
    > accessing the built in Setup. I can set my local NIC Mask to
    > 255.255.0.0 but then I have to try 255x255 ip combinations !
    > I used the Linksys Setup utility that came with it and It cannot
    > detect the WAP !...
    >

    > "Adam Membrey" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you connected to that AP? If so do you have DHCP enabled?
    >>
    >> If you do you can just get the IP address by going to a command
    >> prompt and typing "ipconfig /all" and look at the default gateway
    >>

    >> "Halexi" <> wrote in message
    >> >I have a Linksys Wireless Access Point that was setup long time ago
    >> >and I
    >> > forgot the IP address it was set for. Is there any way to find
    >> > the IP address? ( it must be 192.168.??.??)

    Try 192.168.1.245. That's the address of my Linksys WAP, anyway.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers
    Malke, Nov 13, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=

    TW Guest

    "Malke" <> wrote in message
    > Halexi wrote:
    >
    >> Yes it is connected to my PC's local NIC. But the problem I have
    >> Ipconfig will only show local NIC IP not the WAP IP since WAP unit is
    >> a separate node.
    >> I am trying to access the Setup utility built into the WAP and I
    >> dont think
    >> it has a DHCP server. Therefore I must set my local NIC to the same
    >> Network segment to access it. Without this information I have no way
    >> of
    >> accessing the built in Setup. I can set my local NIC Mask to
    >> 255.255.0.0 but then I have to try 255x255 ip combinations !
    >> I used the Linksys Setup utility that came with it and It cannot
    >> detect the WAP !...
    >>

    >> "Adam Membrey" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Are you connected to that AP? If so do you have DHCP enabled?
    >>>
    >>> If you do you can just get the IP address by going to a command
    >>> prompt and typing "ipconfig /all" and look at the default gateway
    >>>

    >>> "Halexi" <> wrote in message
    >>> >

    > Try 192.168.1.245. That's the address of my Linksys WAP, anyway.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"

    Try this link to the Angry IP Scanner program
    http://www.angryziber.com/
    You don't need to install this program just run the exe file. You enter an
    IP range such as 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.254 and Angry IP will show ALL
    TCP/IP clients and their network names in that range. After scanning you can
    filter out the dead IPs and save it as a .txt report.
    TW, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Download the Linksys WAP software from www.linksys.com and it will locate
    your WAP.

    Carey Holzman, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Do you have more specifics about this software? I checked Linksys.com but I
    could not find it.
    Halexi

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXhp?=, Nov 15, 2004
  8. What's the model number of your Linksys WAP?

    Carey Holzman, Nov 15, 2004