    am running windows 98 se.
    thanks.
    Angel
    Angel thoughts, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Angel thoughts

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Angel thoughts posted ...

    > Hi Guys,
    > is there a way of finding out if I have any item duplicated on my
    > system? I am running windows 98 se.
    > thanks.
    > Angel

    There are many programs that say they'll do this. Personally I find they
    generally show many false positives and need a certain amount of skill and
    vigilance from the user to make them work sufficiently well.

    I prefer to use the 'Search or Find' facility of Windows and sort based upon
    what criteria I need to find a duplicate for, whether it's size, name,
    extension etc etc and use wildcards and modifiers to tailor the search to
    weed out the duplicates .. ;)

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Angel thoughts

    trout Guest

    Angel thoughts wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    > is there a way of finding out if I have any item duplicated on my
    > system? I am running windows 98 se.
    > thanks.
    > Angel

    This is one function of Easycleaner:
    <http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm>
    It can search for duplicates using several different criteria; like
    size, name, or date. Just be sure to read the instructions carefully
    (like any program of this nature).
    Make sure you choose the options you want, and that you back-up (at
    least, temporarily) anything you delete.
    --
    "Read that fine manual."
    trout, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Angel thoughts