    there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't remember.
    Please help!

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Dec 29, 2006

  2. Luke O'Malley

    beenthere Guest

    "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    news:piflh.86$...
    >I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I
    >know there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't
    >remember.
    > Please help!

    You can if you know which CAB file it`s in, but..

    If you do a Google for the file, you can probably d\load
    it as quick.

    Which file is it ?.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 29, 2006

  3. Thank you for your reply: the file is driver.cab. I checked after the
    install and it is not there.

    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Dec 29, 2006
  4. Luke O'Malley

    philo Guest

    > I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I

    know
    > there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't remember.
    > Please help!
    >
    > Luke

    do an advanced search

    philo, Dec 29, 2006
  5. Luke O'Malley

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:08:35 GMT, beenthere wrote:

    piggyback to OP, I can only see this 1 post.

    >"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >>I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I
    >>know there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't
    >>remember.
    >> Please help!
    >>

    >You can if you know which CAB file it`s in, but..

    Using extract to get files from CABs
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/129605

    >If you do a Google for the file, you can probably d\load
    >it as quick.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 29, 2006
  6. Many thanks!
    Luke

    Luke O'Malley, Dec 29, 2006
  7. Thanks!

    Luke O'Malley, Dec 29, 2006
  8. Luke O'Malley

    Lookout Guest

    On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:57:19 -0500, "Luke O'Malley"
    <> wrote:

    >I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I know
    >there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't remember.
    >Please help!
    >
    >Luke

    Learn DOS.

    Lookout, Dec 30, 2006
  9. Luke O'Malley

    Mellowed Guest

    This note that I had filed for Win ME might work for you.
    ====
    Corrupt: For Win9x, ME
    Restore it from the CD.
    Click Start, Run. In the run box, type "sfc" without the quotes
    and press "Enter". When the System File Checker starts, check the
    option "Extract one file from installation disk". Enter the filename
    in the box. The file restores to the "C:\Windows\System" folder
    ====

    It might be worth a try.

    : I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file.
    I know
    : there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't
    remember.
    : Please help!
    :
    : Luke
    :
    :

    Mellowed, Dec 30, 2006
  10. Luke O'Malley

    Shep© Guest

    On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:18:43 -0600 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    Yang then Lookout <> sent this :

    >On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:57:19 -0500, "Luke O'Malley"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I know
    >>there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't remember.
    >>Please help!
    >>
    >>Luke
    >>

    >Learn DOS.

    Did and still love it<gin> :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 31, 2006
  11. Luke O'Malley

    Lookout Guest

    On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:26:26 +0000, Shep© <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:18:43 -0600 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
    >Yang then Lookout <> sent this :
    >
    >>On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:57:19 -0500, "Luke O'Malley"
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am running XP PRO and I need to replace a corrupt or missing file. I know
    >>>there is some way of getting from the install disk, but I can't remember.
    >>>Please help!
    >>>
    >>>Luke
    >>>

    >>Learn DOS.

    >Did and still love it<gin> :)

    I lost NTLD and had to find it on the Win95 disk. I had forgotten
    enough DOS to not be able to find it but fortunately "Yoda" helped me
    reacquire the skills he had taught me long ago and I was able to
    retrieve it.

    Lookout, Jan 2, 2007