How to execute an external software from VHDL? And how to interface VHDL with JAVA?

Discussion in 'Software' started by becool_nikks, Mar 6, 2009.

  1. becool_nikks

    becool_nikks

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello.

    I am currently working on a project on maze generation using VHDL. I perform all operations and implement the necessary algorithm using VHDL (in Active-HDL version 6.3) and generate an array of vertical walls and horizontal walls as the output.

    To show the output as a proper maze in display, I developed a JAVA program only to show the output graphically. But, I need to open this program separately and enter the outputs of the VHDL simulation manually, to get a graphical maze.

    I want to open the JAVA program directly from VHDL so that it can directly take the values of the output and generate the maze. But I am unable to figure out how to do this thing. Is it possible?

    Please help me in three regards:
    1) How to execute an external program/software from VHDL?
    2) Is there any way to interface VHDL with JAVA language?
    3) Or any other way to show the output graphically? Any other simulator, etc.

    Hoping for a good response soon as my deadline for project submission is nearing.

    Thank you.
    NIKHIL

    becool_nikks, Mar 6, 2009