How to Evaluate and Critique Photo Images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sharewarer, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Sharewarer

    Sharewarer Guest

    Sharewarer, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Sharewarer

    Scott W Guest

    Sharewarer wrote:
    > For anyone interested, I've assembled 75 tips on this subject. They're
    > available as a free printable check list here:
    >
    > http://www.tangotools.com/info/judging.htm?s=ng
    >
    > Cheers...
    >
    > Pete

    Not a bad list of things to keep in mind when shooting but I was
    surprised that you did not touch on using the right amount of DOF, to
    blur a distracting background for instance.

    Scott

    Scott W, Nov 29, 2005

  3. In article <1tqziilcsaen7$>, Sharewarer
    <> wrote:

    > For anyone interested, I've assembled 75 tips on this subject. They're
    > available as a free printable check list here:
    >
    > http://www.tangotools.com/info/judging.htm?s=ng

    How about making it much simpler:

    Interest

    Composition

    Technique

    Randall Ainsworth, Nov 29, 2005
  4. "Sharewarer" <> wrote in message

    > For anyone interested, I've assembled 75 tips on this subject. They're
    > available as a free printable check list here:

    Thanks. Looks good. I run a photo club and will share this with the
    members.

    Charles Schuler, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Sharewarer

    Pete Guest

    On 29 Nov 2005 12:19:17 -0800, Scott W wrote:

    > Not a bad list of things to keep in mind when shooting but I was
    > surprised that you did not touch on using the right amount of DOF, to
    > blur a distracting background for instance.
    >
    > Scott

    Thanks for your comments. Selective focus is mentioned in connnection with
    making the "subject stand out from the background", and "conveying a sense
    of depth". I'll make the link to DoF clearer.

    Pete

    Pete, Nov 29, 2005
  6. Sharewarer wrote:
    > For anyone interested, I've assembled 75 tips on this subject. They're
    > available as a free printable check list here:
    >
    > http://www.tangotools.com/info/judging.htm?s=ng
    >
    > Cheers...
    >
    > Pete

    Pete,

    Thank you very much. This is a great tool. I'll share it with my classes
    and bring it to camera club.

    Frank Rome, NY

    Frank Calidonna, Nov 30, 2005