    disabled by your administrator", how do I fix this problem'
    and enable the task Manager? fred J
    OS is Wind XP Pro.

    Fred J, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in news:xRBic.91993$HF5.1580446
    @wagner.videotron.net:

    > Lately I have problem to open the Task Manager, when I click
    > Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get a message "Task Manager has been
    > disabled by your administrator", how do I fix this problem'
    > and enable the task Manager? fred J
    > OS is Wind XP Pro.

    "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

    You can take that and enter it into your friend the Google search engine
    and you'll get plenty of hits.

    And if you didn't do it, then what did do it? Maybe it's a prelude to some
    kind of malware that has compromised your machine.

    Your friend Google will also give you information on how to secure the XP
    O/S from attack. If the O/S is not secure, especially true for a machine
    that is directly connected to the Internet without a NAT router or FW
    appliance sitting in front of it, then nothing on the machine is secure.

    The protection start with the O/S and everything else is secondary to it.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 24, 2004