    I DONT KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START WITH FILE SHARING. SO ANY INFORMATION WOULD
    HELP. I RELIAZE I DONT HAVE A SPECIFIC QUESTION, BUT THATS BECUASE I DONT
    KNOW WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN. PLEASE HELP ASAP

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    Re: HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING on a wireless network

    WELL HOW ABOUT USING A SEARCH ENGINE

    and don't shout...it's rude.

    try:
    http://www.ezlan.net/

    mike

    ""
    <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i learned that i do have a wireless network set up but i dont have file

    sharing

    mikeFNB, Feb 18, 2005

  3. Re: HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING on a wireless network

    articles all too general
    need more specifics
    step by step instructions needed

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 18, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    Re: HOW TO ENABLE FILE SHARING on a wireless network

    ok i'll go to a search engine again..........

    oh look..........

    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/howto/net.asp

    mike

    mikeFNB, Feb 19, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Hmm. These two pages on ezlan.net provide you with links to other pages
    (depending on your OS with Steps).
    Installing Network: http://www.ezlan.net/installing.html
    File Sharing: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    In addition typing the term Drive Sharing into Windows Native help provide
    you with.
    To share a drive or folder on the network
    Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the drive or folder you want to
    share.
    Right-click the drive or folder, and then click Sharing and Security.
    If you are sharing a drive, on the Sharing tab, click If you understand the
    risk but still want to share the root of the drive, click here.
    If you are sharing a folder, go to the next step.
    Do one of the following:
    If the Share this folder on the network check box is available, select the
    check box.
    If the Share this folder on the network check box is unavailable, this
    computer is not on a network. If you would like to set up a home or small
    office network, click the Network Setup Wizard link and follow the
    instructions to turn on file sharing. Once file sharing is enabled, begin
    this procedure again.
    And with some ingenuity you might find much more.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Feb 19, 2005
  6. AFTER TALKING TO SEVERAL PEOPLE I SEEMED TO MAKE SOME ADVANCES. HERE IS A
    LOOK AT WHAT I CURRENTLY NEED.

    when i open up the window MY NETWORK PLACES it is to show the files in which
    you are sharing.

    HOWEVER, it does not show anything.

    someone told me to do the following
    -go to add new
    -click other places
    -click browse
    -click entire network
    -click the workgroup
    -click file to share (THIS IS WHERE I HAVE THE PROBLEM. THERE ARE NO FILES
    UNDERNEATH MY WORKGROUP NAME)

    please help

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 19, 2005
  7. when i open up my network places the folder i want to share appears. this is
    so with both computers. HOWEVER, THE PROBLEMS HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED

    i cannot access the shared file on my desktop from my laptop. how do i
    access the shared folders on other computers???

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 19, 2005
  8. see this is what i want to do. i have a laptop and a desktop. i want to be
    able to go to the desktop and work on something i was doing on my laptop.
    AND. i want to be able to go to my laptop and work on something i was doing
    on my desktop. please help me. asap

    HELP ME SET UP SO I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 19, 2005
  9. PROBLEM SOLVED:

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I CAN NOW ACCESS SHARED FILES ON ALL COMPUTERS.
    THIS CASE IS CLOSED

    =?Utf-8?B?aGVyYm90dXJibzEyM0Bjb21jYXN0Lm5ldA==?=, Feb 20, 2005