    i have a small network in work and would like to use it to email between
    rooms any suggestions
    I am using win 98 & 95 operating systems
    mark, Sep 20, 2004

  2. mark

    derek / nul Guest

    Set up a mail server!

    derek / nul, Sep 21, 2004

  3. mark

    Payne747 Guest

    derek / nul wrote:
    > Set up a mail server!
    >
    > On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:41:47 +0100, "mark" <> wrote:
    >

    >>i have a small network in work and would like to use it to email between
    >>rooms any suggestions
    >>I am using win 98 & 95 operating systems

    allow me to elaborate :p

    What softare you use depends on the size of your company, how many will
    be using email? Do you want to centrally manage it (ie, mailboxes on
    server or on your PC) and most importantly, how much will you pay for it?

    nominate one machine (usually one not doing anything else, eg. Use it
    ONLY as the mailserver and restrict access to it) and then get hold of a
    mail server software. you probally have Microsoft Mail or something
    similar, but there are tonnes of better ones like Merak IceWarp
    (http://www.icewarp.com), or just search Google for 'windows mail
    server' etc,

    You'll probally need to pay for it but then again, when don't you :p

    Then, get an email client. Again your machines will probally have
    Outlook Express installed, but Outlook 2000\XP is about 5% more secure :p
    Payne747, Sep 21, 2004
  4. mark

    mark Guest

    have outlook 2000 and outlook express and would be willing to use either as
    for mail server have microsoft mail and would be using this service for
    appoximately 20 computers

    many thanks so far but could do with any suggestion on setting up microsoft
    mail

    again thanhs

    mark, Sep 22, 2004