How to edit Password Manager in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by dn_perl@hotmail.com, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I had tried Mozilla for a few days in 2003 before
    switching back to IE. Support for other languages
    for poor in Mozilla and its initial picture, showing
    a dragon or whichever creature it was breathing fire,
    was flat out stupid.

    I recently downloaded Firefox browser ver 1.0.2 on my
    Win98-SE desktop to see what the hoopla was all about.
    The ability to block pop-up is definitely a plus, and
    the main reason why I want to use one more browser
    besides IE. But the Firefox icon is so ugly that I still
    prefer to click on the Explorer icon whenever possible.
    How can a group of people (at Firefox) wanting to challenge
    a well-set giant like Microsoft afford to display such
    poor taste is a mystery. True, this is an age when poor
    taste often wins the day; but Microsoft has an exquisite
    taste when it comes to fonts and images, and I hope they
    will continue to be rewarded for it. I am not sure Firefox
    zealots are motivated by altruism. IE took away the market
    from Netscape and a desire for revenge has propelled the
    Firefox effort at least to some extent. Good for us users
    but sentimental attachment to any product is to be avoided
    by a third-party observer of the scene, I think.

    Then there is the matter of the handling of the GO menu,
    discussed often across forums. IE and Navigator bring
    the last visited item in the drop-down list to the top,
    and it is simply crazy that Firefox doesn't handle it
    the same way. It is yet another reason why I went back
    to IE as my default browser.

    Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
    used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
    I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
    in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

    At the same time, it is funny that IE gives tons of errors
    these days while using 'hotmail' which is their own home
    product but Firefox is very useful for accessing hotmail.
    In the end, users should avoid getting sentimental about
    either browser and just use as many browsers as suit
    their needs best, without conceiving an animus towards
    IE, which has its strong points, too.
    , Apr 2, 2005

  2. ..brian.. Guest

    wrote:

    [snipage]
    > Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
    > used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
    > I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
    > in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

    [snipage]

    I did not read your entire post, only skimmed it, so hopefully I'm not
    missing something important. Gmail usernames and passwords aren't
    saved by the password manager; the username on that page is stored as a
    form entry via the "Saved Form Information" option.

    Answer: Highlight your friend's username and Shift+Delete it.

    --
    Brian
    ..brian.., Apr 2, 2005

  3. Guest

    ...brian.. wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > [snipage]
    > > Password Manager offers problems, too. A friend of mine
    > > used my desktop to access gmail, and now every time
    > > I want to key-in a username, the friend's name is shown
    > > in the drop-down list. How can I edit that drop-down list?

    > [snipage]
    >
    > I did not read your entire post, only skimmed it, so hopefully I'm

    not
    > missing something important. Gmail usernames and passwords aren't
    > saved by the password manager; the username on that page is stored as

    > form entry via the "Saved Form Information" option.
    >
    > Answer: Highlight your friend's username and Shift+Delete it.

    Thank you so much. I should also compliment you for skills at
    snipping and skimming...
    , Apr 2, 2005