    command-line tool so I can use it in shell-scripts.

    Thanx

    wilhelm
    Wilhelm Meier, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Wilhelm Meier

    Guest

    Wilhelm Meier wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Which program do you recommend to edit exif-data? It should be a
    > command-line tool so I can use it in shell-scripts.
    >
    > Thanx
    >
    > wilhelm

    I use jhead.

    -Tripurari
    , Jan 8, 2005

  3. writes:

    > Wilhelm Meier wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Which program do you recommend to edit exif-data? It should be a
    > > command-line tool so I can use it in shell-scripts.
    > >
    > > Thanx
    > >
    > > wilhelm

    > I use jhead.

    I use jhead too, but recently I switched to the Perl Image::ExifTool from
    Image::Info to read the EXIF's, and it was not returning the information from
    the Olympus maker notes. The author of exiftool tracked down the problem to
    the fact that I had used jhead with the -dt option to delete the thumbnail on
    the output image, and jhead wasn't careful to readjust the markers in the
    Olympus MakerNote field to account for the deleted information. Jhead silently
    ignored the errors in the EXIF information, which meant it could display SHQ
    and Macro modes. Jhead's location is: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

    I see that the new release of exiftool now exists, and it supports rewriting
    EXIF information (though since it was released today, you might want to handle
    it with care). Exiftool's location is:
    http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Jan 8, 2005
  4. Michael Meissner wrote:

    > writes:
    >
    >> Wilhelm Meier wrote:
    >> > Hi
    >> >
    >> > Which program do you recommend to edit exif-data? It should be a
    >> > command-line tool so I can use it in shell-scripts.
    >> >
    >> > Thanx
    >> >
    >> > wilhelm

    >> I use jhead.

    > I use jhead too, but recently I switched to the Perl Image::ExifTool from
    > Image::Info to read the EXIF's, and it was not returning the information
    > from
    > the Olympus maker notes. The author of exiftool tracked down the problem
    > to the fact that I had used jhead with the -dt option to delete the
    > thumbnail on the output image, and jhead wasn't careful to readjust the
    > markers in the
    > Olympus MakerNote field to account for the deleted information. Jhead
    > silently ignored the errors in the EXIF information, which meant it could
    > display SHQ
    > and Macro modes. Jhead's location is:
    > http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
    >
    > I see that the new release of exiftool now exists, and it supports
    > rewriting EXIF information (though since it was released today, you might
    > want to handle
    > it with care). Exiftool's location is:
    > http://owl.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

    Thank You