    Thanks in advance.

    Very Sincerely,

    Dennis

    Starcap 50, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Starcap 50

    slick Guest

    It is an easy process: Click the attactchments button in the new message
    window. Then click add attatchments and find your file. Press OK on
    everything and your file will be attatched.
    "Starcap 50" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings:
    >
    > I have a resume that I recently typed up and saved as a Word Pad document.
    >
    > A prospective employer wants an electronic copy of this resume via e-mail

    as an

    slick, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    From: "slick" :

    >>It is an easy process: Click the attactchments button in the new message

    window. Then click add attatchments and find your file. Press OK on
    everything and your file will be attatched.<<

    Many thanks for your instructions. I was able to follow and execute them.

    First, however, I sent a "test copy" to myself. However, when I opened the
    file, it came out all scrambled and out of whack.

    Whereas my resume on Word Pad is all nice and neat, when I send it as an
    attached file, my computer converts it into a Microsoft Word document.

    Is there any way to send a pure Word Pad document as an attached file to an
    e-mail message, without it having to become all scrambled by becoming
    automatically converted to a Microsoft Word document?

    What I want to do is have this resume received by the employer, looking just
    like the Word Pad document. However, it just isn't happening.

    I have not learned how to use Microsoft Word yet, primarily because Word Pad
    has always satisfied my needs in the past and also because Microsoft Word has
    always looked so darned complicated to me.

    I guess what I have to do is learn to type my resume on Microsoft Word.

    Is there any other way around this?

    Dennis

    Starcap 50, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Starcap 50

    slick Guest

    Yes, go into your file and save it as a rich text format (RTF) file. It may
    still wish to open in Word instead of WordPad but it should still look the
    same in either file.

    ~NHL

    slick, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Starcap 50

    slick Guest

    I appologize, I meant the file will look the same in either PROGRAM, not
    file.

    slick, Mar 4, 2004