    You've modded everything in and out of your computer, yet there is still something that is sticking out like a sore thumb, those drives. This guide will show you a very simple and easy way to stealth your drives and make them completely blend in with your case, yet perfectly usable!
    Article Link - http://velocityreviews.com/article6.php
    **Discuss this article in this thread only**
    Silverstrand, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    Useful article!!
    Technoholic, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    hehehe, very interesting and useful article. I love the case that has front cover to cover up the ugliness of drives but this really help out for those without the cover.
    PUTALE, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Good information, but...

    ....I kind of like seeing the drives themselves. I also like seeing the fan controllers, and other bay devices. I don't know why people want to cover these things up, except to maybe hide different color devices. When you stealth the drives / devices, and you build several machines, I bet you forget what's what in any particular machine. I bet you have to push on several cover plates to finally get the drive you wanted, especially if you have several optical drives (DVD-ROM, DVD-recorder, CD/RW) in one case. :?
    bigal, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    :lol: Al, don't you know they all works just like a normal drive?
    I have DVDROM and CDRW. I hardly ever use CDRW. And when I wanted to play 1 game and too lazy to change different game CD. I just put one in DVDROM. Put other in CDRW. They works wonderfully for me. :)
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    What the... where'd the edit button go?
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    What I'm saying is....

    ....say you have 7 or 8 computers. Say they all have stealthed optical drives. Now let's say you have a mixture of DVD, CD/RW, and DVD-recorder drives in these machines. Are you going to remember where each particular type of optical drive is in which computer, and whether it's the top, middle, or bottom optical drive? It is difficult, since stealthing removes the DVD or CD/RW stamped letters on the tray cover or drive faceplate.
    That's all I'm saying. When you get older, you'll see how easy it is to forget. :roll:
    bigal, Jul 27, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    :lol: It's all common sense. ROM for read only, on the top. ROM for write only, under the reading ROM. And so on. Or you could add kickass writings over the bay.
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That might work....

    ...if all the computers were exactly the same! But all my computers are different. Some have standard cases, some have custom cases, and some you wouldn't recognize as computes at all. Optical drives are stacked, side by side, and sometimes there is only one of them. If these were all stealthed, I would not remember (after several months) which is which.
    Standard, common sense configurations work only with standard case layouts. Custom modded computers call for ways to identify the individual drives. If you look in Windows Explorer, it will identify the DVD and CD/RW, so that's a start. But it only tells you the drive letter - it doesn't point to a particular drive and say, "Here is the DVD writer, Mr. Bigal!". :fluff:
    bigal, Jul 27, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    Technoholic

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    185
    lo. You win. :p
    Technoholic, Jul 27, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i redckon its easier to get a Front Door! that stealths everything :D
    unholy, Jul 28, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    m1k30rz

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    57
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I love my stealthed lian-li drives :D Lian-li give you a free drive stealther and it has a button on it, when you press it a flap comes down and the drive comes out so you can see the front of the drive and read the writing if you have to :D
    m1k30rz, Jul 28, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    thats not Stealth, thats Blended Front Pieces, my cheapo 50 dollar case has one of those!
    Sleath means it is not to be seen... hidden or consealed.
    thats Why Front doors are going to be the best solutionf or stealth.
    unholy, Jul 28, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh boy! I won something? What is it? What is it???? :shake:
    bigal, Aug 2, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    you win a return trip to the fridge.. you have to pay to get there though! :D
    unholy, Aug 2, 2005