How to download file with no digital signature

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by veritas, Aug 13, 2007.

  1. veritas

    veritas Guest

    Hi ,

    I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
    Player and I can't view it and get this message :

    Windows has found a problem with the file

    Unknown Publisher

    The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
    signature that verifies its publisher .

    MY QUESTION is :

    How can I download the movie and view it successfully ?

    I am running XP Home SP2 IE7 .
    veritas, Aug 13, 2007

  2. veritas

    meerkat Guest

    "veritas" <> wrote in message
    > Hi ,
    >
    > I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
    > Player and I can't view it and get this message :
    >
    > Windows has found a problem with the file
    >
    > Unknown Publisher
    >
    > The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
    > signature that verifies its publisher .

    You`ve come up against DRM.
    Digital Rights Management.
    All you can do, is *buy* the movie.
    meerkat, Aug 13, 2007

  3. veritas

    veritas Guest

    On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <> wrote:

    >"veritas" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi ,
    >>
    >> I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
    >> Player and I can't view it and get this message :
    >>
    >> Windows has found a problem with the file
    >>
    >> Unknown Publisher
    >>
    >> The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
    >> signature that verifies its publisher .
    >>

    >You`ve come up against DRM.
    >Digital Rights Management.
    >All you can do, is *buy* the movie.

    I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
    site .

    I just can't get past this hurdle .
    veritas, Aug 13, 2007
  4. veritas

    meerkat Guest

    "veritas" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"veritas" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi ,
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
    >>> Player and I can't view it and get this message :
    >>>
    >>> Windows has found a problem with the file
    >>>
    >>> Unknown Publisher
    >>>
    >>> The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
    >>> signature that verifies its publisher .
    >>>

    >>You`ve come up against DRM.
    >>Digital Rights Management.
    >>All you can do, is *buy* the movie.
    >>

    > I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
    > site .
    >
    > I just can't get past this hurdle .

    You`ll have to get back to the seller for a solution V.
    meerkat, Aug 13, 2007
  5. veritas

    BS Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    > "veritas" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:46:59 GMT, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> "veritas" <> wrote in message

    >>> You`ve come up against DRM.
    >>> Digital Rights Management.
    >>> All you can do, is *buy* the movie.
    >>>

    >> I did buy it . I paid and I have a valid username and password for the
    >> site .
    >>
    >> I just can't get past this hurdle .

    Try checking under IE advanced options - Security. See if you have an option
    to: Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid. If
    Internet Explorer is not showing on the desktop, go to internet options in
    the control panel.
    BS, Aug 13, 2007
  6. veritas

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 00:41:54 +1000, veritas <> wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >
    >I am trying to download a movie with REAL Player an/or with Media
    >Player and I can't view it and get this message :
    >
    >Windows has found a problem with the file
    >
    >Unknown Publisher
    >
    >The file was blocked because it does not have a valid digital
    >signature that verifies its publisher .

    Its probably good you can't get that message.

    >MY QUESTION is :
    >
    >How can I download the movie and view it successfully ?
    >
    >I am running XP Home SP2 IE7 .

    Try Tube Hunter Ultra.

    Barry
    =====