    65535(Internal Definition Audio Bus). It says to reinstall the drivers for
    this device (Code 18)." Where on Microsoft's download site do I go to
    download this? I can't find it.
    weekend, Nov 16, 2008

  2. The drivers can usually be downloaded from your OEM's support site, or may
    have been included by the OEM as part of the support materials and files
    that came with your laptop. Microsoft is not the source for drivers,
    generally, though some may be distributed via Microsoft Update.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 16, 2008

  3. You have go to the Manufacturer's web site for the brand of
    laptop and find the download page for your specific model of
    laptop. If your laptop has Windows XP x64 or Vista x64 you
    need to download the drivers for that system.

    Microsoft does not supply the drivers for Conexant audio
    hardware.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 16, 2008
  4. Or, simply use the system CD that came with your machine?

    This may not be the most recent, but it should work and can be updated
    later.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 16, 2008
  5. Too many don't come with system CDs anymore.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 17, 2008
  6. I know I shouldn't be surprised - but I am!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 17, 2008
  7. Hi
    microsoft uaa bus driver
    kb901105 ??
    jk
    Juergen Kluth, Nov 17, 2008
  8. Based on the original post, his system is looking for the
    driver for the Conexant high Definition Audio-Venice device.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 17, 2008
  9. weekend

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    What is your notebook brand and model?
    With that info at hand you can easily go to the support - or downloads -
    section of the manufacturer's web site and grab the proper drivers.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 18, 2008
  10. weekend

    John Barnes Guest

    You should probably use System Restore to go back to where the sound worked.
    My mobo did not initially have sound drivers from the mfg, but a Microsoft
    HD audio driver provided the sound perfectly until newer drivers were made
    available.

    John Barnes, Nov 18, 2008
  11. weekend

    Carlos Guest

    John,
    The only catch here is that, under the same nickname, you can find a
    different underlying hardware, ie, you may find zillions of hd audio drivers
    in microsoft download center corresponding to varying chipsets.
    The only solution here is to take a look inside the *.inf file inside the
    MSFT driver and check for the VID (vendor id) and PID (chipset).
    If that info matches the one reported in Device Manager, then it is safe to
    install those drivers.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 18, 2008
  12. weekend

    John Barnes Guest

    I suggested using System Restore. The poster had a working driver until
    'recently'.

    John Barnes, Nov 18, 2008
  13. weekend

    Carlos Guest

    John,
    I got that one right from the very beginning.
    My comment was only ment for you, sharing what I had ran into when also
    searching for notebook audio drivers.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 18, 2008
  14. weekend

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks, Carlos. Good to know if I see anyone needing to go that route. In
    my case whatever Microsoft generic HD driver came with the install DVD
    worked so well with my Realtek sound that I didn't want to risk installing
    the 1000+ (I know it wasn't quite that many, but they seemed to issue
    several new ones every week) drivers Realtek released.

    John Barnes, Nov 18, 2008
  15. Hi,
    I think the ms hd audio drivers are such like an interface to a "compatible
    codec" (with hardware for sure)
    (anything like netbios for smb)
    jk
    btw realtek is at level 2.09