    documentation with specific directions?

    Many TIA.

    Shneor
    Shneor, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Shneor, <>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded great ape,
    and birds nest seller, expelled:

    > Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    > system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
    > to documentation with specific directions?

    Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.

    > Many TIA.

    GFIA

    ****!
    Stephen Dempsey-Capps, Jan 7, 2006

  3. Shneor

    Shneor Guest

    Stephen Dempsey-Capps wrote:

    > Shneor, <>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded great ape,
    > and birds nest seller, expelled:
    >

    >>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    >>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
    >>to documentation with specific directions?

    > Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.
    >

    >>Many TIA.

    > GFIA
    >

    >>Shneor

    > ****!

    Tried that, but nothing came up for W2K. Only for XP.
    Shneor
    Shneor, Jan 7, 2006
  4. Shneor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Shneor spewed forth:
    > Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    > system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
    > to documentation with specific directions?
    >
    > Many TIA.
    >
    > Shneor

    Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
    setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
    made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2006
  5. Shneor

    Shneor Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Shneor spewed forth:
    >
    >>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    >>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
    >>to documentation with specific directions?
    >>
    >>Many TIA.
    >>
    >>Shneor

    > Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
    > setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
    > made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?

    "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
    keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
    Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
    specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but
    not for W2K.

    Shneor
    Shneor, Jan 7, 2006
  6. Shneor

    Tim Stuart Guest

    Shneor, <>, the ingrowing, leery plonker, and contractor
    of labourers at cheap rate of pay, whispered:

    > Stephen Dempsey-Capps wrote:
    >
    >> Shneor, <>, the knuckle-dragging, snow-blinded
    >> great ape, and birds nest seller, expelled:
    >>

    >>> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    >>> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point
    >>> me to documentation with specific directions?

    >> Yeah. Google it, you lazy prick.
    >>

    >>> Many TIA.

    >> GFIA
    >>

    >>> Shneor

    >> ****!
    >>

    > Tried that,

    Yeah? Don't use w2k as a search criteria.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322755

    Tim Stuart, Jan 7, 2006
  7. Shneor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Shneor spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Shneor spewed forth:
    >>
    >>> Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    >>> system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point
    >>> me to documentation with specific directions?
    >>>
    >>> Many TIA.
    >>>
    >>> Shneor

    >> Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a
    >> W2K setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your
    >> data and made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?
    >>

    > "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
    > keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
    > Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
    > specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP,
    > but not for W2K.

    That's because there *is* no System Restore in W2K, only ME and XP (home and
    Pro). So if you want to do a "system restore" you have to erase your hard
    drive and reinstall the system. Or you fix the problem you are having
    instead. Or live with it. That's your three choices.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 8, 2006
  8. Shneor

    Santa Guest

    "Shneor" <> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> Shneor spewed forth:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro
    >>>system. I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me
    >>>to documentation with specific directions?
    >>>
    >>>Many TIA.
    >>>
    >>>Shneor

    >> Did your system manufacturer provide a system restore disk set? Or a W2K
    >> setup CD? What do you have to work with? Have you backed up your data and
    >> made notes on system settings (email, passwords, etc.)?
    >>

    > "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically keeps
    > a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of Windows,
    > according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found specific
    > directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but not for
    > W2K.
    >
    > Shneor

    Thats because Windows 2000 doesn't have System Restore
    Santa, Jan 8, 2006
  9. Shneor

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Shneor" <> wrote in message

    > "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically keeps
    > a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of Windows,
    > according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found specific
    > directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but not for
    > W2K.

    Which "literature"? System Restore came in with ME.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 8, 2006
  10. Howdy!

    "Shneor" <> wrote in message

    > "System Restore" is supposed to be part of the OS, and automatically
    > keeps a record OS changes by date and time. This has been part of
    > Windows, according to the "literature" since Windows 98. I have found
    > specific directions for performing a system restpre for Windows XP, but
    > not for W2K.

    That's because Win2K doesn't have System Restore.

    A very inferior version rolled into ME, and a decent version was
    rolled into XP.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 8, 2006
  11. Shneor

    elaich Guest

    Shneor <> wrote in news:Y8ednSGfhZ1BzF3enZ2dnUVZ_t-
    :

    > Can anyone help me? I need to do a system restore in my W2K Pro system.
    > I need specific directions. Or at least, can someone point me to
    > documentation with specific directions?

    You can revert to the last known good configuration in W2K. That may or
    may not fix the problem. It will repair a borked registry, but will not
    repair damaged files.

    Reboot the system. When you see the message "Please select the operating
    system to start," press F8. Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known
    Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Use the arrow keys to highlight
    an operating system, and then press ENTER.

    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from
    problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your
    hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing
    drivers or files.

    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows 2000 restores
    information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any
    changes you have made in other registry keys remain.
    elaich, Jan 9, 2006