How to DL vids?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by J, Sep 21, 2010.

  1. J

    J Guest

    J, Sep 21, 2010

  2. J

    rf Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message
    news:pO0mo.200821$2...

    > How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >
    > Main site is here....
    >
    > http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-change-classicals-image/
    >
    > I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
    > them onto my PC permanently?

    Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from the
    islands of Tuvalu :)
    rf, Sep 21, 2010

  3. J

    J Guest

    "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "J" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >>
    >> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >>
    >> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >>
    >> Main site is here....
    >>
    >> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-change-classicals-image/
    >>
    >> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
    >> them onto my PC permanently?

    > Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from the
    > islands of Tuvalu :)

    I'm a fan! :)

    J, Sep 21, 2010
  4. J

    John Holmes Guest

    rf "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "J" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >>
    >> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >>
    >> http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >>
    >> Main site is here....
    >>
    >> http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-cha
    >> nge-classicals-image/
    >>
    >> I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I
    >> get them onto my PC permanently?

    > Why do you want to steal their videos? Especially when they are from
    > the islands of Tuvalu :)

    Why do you care, you control freak.

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Sep 21, 2010
  5. J

    John Holmes Guest

    J "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >
    > Main site is here....
    >
    > http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-chan
    > ge-classicals-image/
    >
    > I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I
    > get them onto my PC permanently?

    Ignore rf, the control freak. Instead, use firefox and install the plug-
    in called "download helper". This will allow you to download and convert
    the streaming media.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/

    HTH

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Sep 21, 2010
  6. J

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:38:22 +0100, J wrote:

    > How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >
    > Main site is here....
    >
    > http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-change-classicals-image/
    >
    > I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
    > them onto my PC permanently?

    Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a downloading
    feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
    file that you usually get.

    www.real.com
    richard, Sep 21, 2010
  7. J

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:10:19 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:10:25 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a downloading
    >>feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
    >>file that you usually get.
    >>
    >>www.real.com

    > Real = evil. Malware ridden crap.

    Haven't tried it since about version 6 or so have you?
    They cleaned up their act royally. Now it is actually a decent bit of
    software with barely any other evil stuff they once included.
    richard, Sep 22, 2010
  8. J

    J Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 19:10:19 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:10:25 -0700, richard <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Even though you might hate it, try "real player". It now has a
    >>>downloading
    >>>feature that allows the capture of flash video easily. Not just the SWF
    >>>file that you usually get.
    >>>
    >>>www.real.com

    >> Real = evil. Malware ridden crap.

    > Haven't tried it since about version 6 or so have you?
    > They cleaned up their act royally. Now it is actually a decent bit of
    > software with barely any other evil stuff they once included.

    "barely"? Hmm.

    J, Sep 23, 2010
  9. J

    J Guest

    "J" <> wrote in message

    > How can I download these vids and save them to my hard drive?
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34909477001
    >
    > http://video.stv.tv/?bcpid=1610699553&bctid=34904270001
    >
    > Main site is here....
    >
    > http://programmes.stv.tv/the-hour/news-gossip/117710-raven-keen-to-change-classicals-image/
    >
    > I thought they'd be FLVs, but they seem to be streamed, so how can I get
    > them onto my PC permanently?

    Got them! I used 'Replay Video Capture' to grab them! A great lil program.

    Found it here....

    http://hotfile.com/dl/19394816/4eff6da/Replay_Video_Capture.v3.1B.rar.html

    Takes a lil bit of setting up, but works well.

    J, Sep 28, 2010