    phone.

    TIA

    Lizzie

    Lizzie, May 11, 2005

  2. Lizzie

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Lizzie came up with the following;:
    > I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all day.
    > How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?
    > I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
    > until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
    > phone.

    Your phone probably needs an ADSL filter is all.

    Without knowing the make of mroadband modem it's hard to say what to do to
    turn it off, but pressing the off switch usually works, or un-plugging it
    from it's power supply.

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

    Paul - xxx, May 11, 2005

  3. Lizzie

    Demmpa Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:
    > Lizzie came up with the following;:
    >
    >> I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all
    >> day.
    >> How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?
    >> I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
    >> until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
    >> phone.

    > Your phone probably needs an ADSL filter is all.
    >
    > Without knowing the make of mroadband modem it's hard to say what to do
    > to turn it off, but pressing the off switch usually works, or
    > un-plugging it from it's power supply.

    or "inaktivate" the NIC (propities for the network)

    or unplugg ADSL-modem from telephoneline

    --
    /
    Demmpa

    Demmpa, May 11, 2005
  4. Lizzie

    Pat Guest

    You should have an icon on your desktop, double click on it and that should
    bring a box up with an option to disconnect. If not, do you have a double
    computer icon in your system tray, if so, right click on it and select
    'disconnect'. You should also have an ADSL filter plugged into your phone
    line and that should stop any noise. On the other hand, if you don't have an
    ADSL filter, then I don't know how you are connecting to the Internet to
    start with. Unless all systems are different, if I disconnect my ADSL filter
    I cannot get a connection to the Internet. Good Luck.

    Pat, May 11, 2005
  5. Lizzie

    Frank S Guest

    "Lizzie" <> wrote in message
    >I have a broadband connection to the internet which is usually on all day.
    > How do I disconnect from the internet without switching off the computer?
    > I'm having problems with noise on the line when I'm using the phone and
    > until I get it fixed I have to turn off the computer everytime I use the
    > phone.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Lizzie

    In the system tray, which is where the clock is situated
    should be the "double-monitor" icon when you are connected,
    To disconnect, all you do is place cursor on the "double-monitor"
    icon and RIGHT click, in the menu that appears select "disconnect"

    Frank S, May 11, 2005