    Fred J Guest

    How do I get in Windows98 to Services where I could disable the Messenger
    not to get so many popups from Messenger? Thanks Fred J

    Fred J, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Fred J

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Fred J" <> wrote in news:V2kic.61991$mK3.1047258
    @weber.videotron.net:

    > How do I get in Windows98 to Services where I could disable the

    Messenger
    > not to get so many popups from Messenger? Thanks Fred J

    A Win 9'x O/S doesn't have a Messenger service running on the O/S like a
    NT based O/S such as Win 2K or XP has the service.

    You may have pop-ups do to some AD Trojan that may be running on the
    computer. Have you tried an online scanner like Trend Micro's House Call
    and Ad-Aware or Spybot and scanned the machine?

    You may want to implement the HOST has a prevention measure after you
    clean things up.

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoststoggle.html

    Duane :)