How to disable sound card

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Chas, May 12, 2004.

  1. Chas

    Chas Guest

    "Bob Rabbone" <> wrote in message news:<40a0f99a$>...
    > I have got a sound card on the motherboard how do I disable this sound card
    > in BIOS
    > Thank you

    Bootup. And during bootup while you see the 'Press Del to Enter BIOS'
    message on the bottom of your screen; hit the Delete key. Then go to
    the ADVANCED tab in the BIOS. Then go to INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS menu.
    From there find 'Onboard Audio' and disable. F10 to exit and save
    changes.

    I have an asus a7n8x motherboard. I'm assuming these instructions
    will be pretty generic. Even if it's not exactly the same
    motherboard; it should be similiar.

    Let me know how it goes.

    Chas, May 12, 2004

  2. Chas