    DM in the device manager entry for the drive.
    Can someone put me out of my misery?

    Thanks

    Bristo, May 5, 2004

  2. Bristo wrote:

    > I want to upgrade the firmware for my Sony DVD writer. To do this I have to
    > disable DMA for this drive but can't figure out how, there is no mention of
    > DM in the device manager entry for the drive.
    > Can someone put me out of my misery?
    >
    > Thanks

    And your operating system is?

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 5, 2004

  3. Bristo

    Bristo Guest

    "Palindrâ~»me" <> wrote in message
    > Bristo wrote:
    >
    > > I want to upgrade the firmware for my Sony DVD writer. To do this I

    have to
    > > disable DMA for this drive but can't figure out how, there is no mention

    of
    > > DM in the device manager entry for the drive.
    > > Can someone put me out of my misery?
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > And your operating system is?

    DUH!!!!
    Win XP home, said he, sheepishly.....

    Bristo, May 5, 2004
  4. Bristo wrote:

    > "Palindrâ~»me" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Bristo wrote:
    >>

    >>>I want to upgrade the firmware for my Sony DVD writer. To do this I

    > have to
    >
    >>>disable DMA for this drive but can't figure out how, there is no mention

    > of
    >
    >>>DM in the device manager entry for the drive.
    >>>Can someone put me out of my misery?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks

    >>And your operating system is?

    > DUH!!!!
    > Win XP home, said he, sheepishly.....

    It's in the entry for the IDE controller, not the drive.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 5, 2004
  5. Bristo

    Woody Guest

    Look in device manager under IDE controllers and change the appropriate
    channel to "PIO only".

    Woody, May 5, 2004
  6. Bristo

    Bristo Guest

    Thanks Palinr?me and Woody. Found it and disabled it.

    Now I have to lose the "everyone uses Windows" mindset.... :)

    Thanks again

    Bristo, May 5, 2004
  7. Bristo wrote:

    > Thanks Palinr?me and Woody. Found it and disabled it.
    >
    > Now I have to lose the "everyone uses Windows" mindset.... :)
    >
    > Thanks again

    No problem! Why Microsoft couldn't have left it where it was
    in earlier versions, is beyond me.

    Glad to help.

    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, May 5, 2004