    Event ID: 540
    Date: 09/01/2006
    Time: 7:46:25 PM
    User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
    Computer: MOON
    Successful Network Logon:
    User Name:
    Domain:
    Logon ID: (0x0,0x2377A1)
    Logon Type: 3
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Workstation Name: SUN
    Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

    Alien, Jan 10, 2006

  2. Alien

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Alien spewed forth:
    > I find that another computer can access my shared folder without
    > password, and in the event viewer's security section I can find
    > follows:
    >
    > Event Type: Success Audit
    > Event Source: Security
    > Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    > Event ID: 540
    > Date: 09/01/2006
    > Time: 7:46:25 PM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
    > Computer: MOON
    > Successful Network Logon:
    > User Name:
    > Domain:
    > Logon ID: (0x0,0x2377A1)
    > Logon Type: 3
    > Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    > Authentication Package: NTLM
    > Workstation Name: SUN
    > Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

    That's normal behavior. The *shared* folder is designed specifically for
    that purpose. Multiple users on the same computer (or on a network) can have
    a central location where files (music, photos, etc.) can be accessed by any
    user. Each user also has a "private" folder which can be restricted from
    other users. Why would you want to disable it?

    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006

  3. Alien

    Alien Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > In news:,
    > Alien spewed forth:
    > > I find that another computer can access my shared folder without
    > > password, and in the event viewer's security section I can find
    > > follows:
    > >
    > > Event Type: Success Audit
    > > Event Source: Security
    > > Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    > > Event ID: 540
    > > Date: 09/01/2006
    > > Time: 7:46:25 PM
    > > User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
    > > Computer: MOON
    > > Successful Network Logon:
    > > User Name:
    > > Domain:
    > > Logon ID: (0x0,0x2377A1)
    > > Logon Type: 3
    > > Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    > > Authentication Package: NTLM
    > > Workstation Name: SUN
    > > Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

    > That's normal behavior. The *shared* folder is designed specifically for
    > that purpose. Multiple users on the same computer (or on a network) can have
    > a central location where files (music, photos, etc.) can be accessed by any
    > user. Each user also has a "private" folder which can be restricted from
    > other users. Why would you want to disable it?
    >
    > --
    > All that glitters has a high refractive index.

    I mean the share on lan, not the share on the same computer.
    There are many users in my lan, and I don't want to allow them to
    access my file until I give them the password, as in win2k.
    Alien, Jan 10, 2006
  4. Alien

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Alien spewed forth:
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> In news:,
    >> Alien spewed forth:
    >>> I find that another computer can access my shared folder without
    >>> password, and in the event viewer's security section I can find
    >>> follows:
    >>>
    >>> Event Type: Success Audit
    >>> Event Source: Security
    >>> Event Category: Logon/Logoff
    >>> Event ID: 540
    >>> Date: 09/01/2006
    >>> Time: 7:46:25 PM
    >>> User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
    >>> Computer: MOON
    >>> Successful Network Logon:
    >>> User Name:
    >>> Domain:
    >>> Logon ID: (0x0,0x2377A1)
    >>> Logon Type: 3
    >>> Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    >>> Authentication Package: NTLM
    >>> Workstation Name: SUN
    >>> Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    >>>
    >>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
    >>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

    >> That's normal behavior. The *shared* folder is designed specifically
    >> for that purpose. Multiple users on the same computer (or on a
    >> network) can have a central location where files (music, photos,
    >> etc.) can be accessed by any user. Each user also has a "private"
    >> folder which can be restricted from other users. Why would you want
    >> to disable it?
    >>

    > I mean the share on lan, not the share on the same computer.
    > There are many users in my lan, and I don't want to allow them to
    > access my file until I give them the password, as in win2k.

    Un-share it then. Right click on the folder, select the Sharing tab, and
    uncheck the option that says "Share this folder on the network."

    --
    Pursuant to Public Law No 109-162 I hereby certify that it is not my
    intent in any way to irritate, frustrate, bother, provoke, gall,
    Toolman Tim, Jan 10, 2006