How to disable Active Partition...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by The GHOST of WOGER., May 31, 2004.

  1. I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    second drive..

    So how can it be done..?




    Thanks
     
    The GHOST of WOGER., May 31, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Steve Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >
    > I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    > the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    > second drive..
    >
    > So how can it be done..?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >

    Re-Install.
     
    Steve, May 31, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    The GHOST of WOGER. <> expelled:
    > I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions,
    > tried all the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active
    > partition on the second drive..


    Why do you need to? What version of Windoze?

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
     
    EMB, May 31, 2004
    #3
  4. The GHOST of WOGER.

    TEX Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    >
    >
    > I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    > the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    > second drive..
    >
    > So how can it be done..?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >

    partition magic. Thinking of it, doesn't fdisk do it anyway?

    TEX
     
    TEX, May 31, 2004
    #4
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Legs Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:36:38 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    <> wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    >I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    >the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >second drive..
    >
    >So how can it be done..?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Thanks
    >


    Boot up with a system DOS floppy that contains 'fdisk' - use fdisk -
    then format the HDD in question





    >


    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Did you know?
    The computer you are looking at now may be more powerful than the mainframe
    M.I.T. used in 1972.

    Consider using the formidable power of your home computer to find a cure
    for cancer.
    Click on;

    http://www.grid.org/home.htm

    for details.

    I have donated over 3 years of computer time for this purpose. E-mail me
    with any questions. I am on hotmail.com as nzLegs or on yahoo.co.nz as
    nzLegs11.

    Don't just make a donation, make a difference!
     
    Legs, May 31, 2004
    #5
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    ufo Guest

    To do it safely - so you don't affect good disc:
    1/ unplug the good disc.
    2/ boot with a win98Se floppy.
    3/ use fdisk to change active to inactive, then reformate if you want.

    Note partition magic will allow you to convert from inactive to active but
    not VV !!


    "The GHOST of WOGER." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    >
    >
    > I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried

    all
    > the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    > second drive..
    >
    > So how can it be done..?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    >
    >
     
    ufo, May 31, 2004
    #6
  7. On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:31:20 +1200, "EMB" <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >The GHOST of WOGER. <> expelled:
    >> I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions,
    >> tried all the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active
    >> partition on the second drive..

    >
    >Why do you need to? What version of Windoze?




    Dual Boot 98se /XP
     
    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 1, 2004
    #7
  8. On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:30:20 +1200, TEX <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    >> the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >> second drive..
    >>
    >> So how can it be done..?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >partition magic. Thinking of it, doesn't fdisk do it anyway?
    >
    >TEX




    Tried that..
     
    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 1, 2004
    #8
  9. On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:06:28 +1200, Legs <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:36:38 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    >>the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >>second drive..
    >>
    >>So how can it be done..?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>

    >
    >Boot up with a system DOS floppy that contains 'fdisk' - use fdisk -
    >then format the HDD in question



    Can't do that..


    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>

    >
    >-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    >Did you know?
    >The computer you are looking at now may be more powerful than the mainframe
    >M.I.T. used in 1972.
    >
    >Consider using the formidable power of your home computer to find a cure
    >for cancer.
    >Click on;
    >
    >http://www.grid.org/home.htm
    >
    >for details.
    >
    >I have donated over 3 years of computer time for this purpose. E-mail me
    >with any questions. I am on hotmail.com as nzLegs or on yahoo.co.nz as
    >nzLegs11.
    >
    >Don't just make a donation, make a difference!
     
    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 1, 2004
    #9
  10. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Bob McLellan Guest

    dfsee

    Steve wrote:
    > The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions,
    >> tried all
    >> the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >> second drive..
    >>
    >> So how can it be done..?
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > Re-Install.
     
    Bob McLellan, Jun 1, 2004
    #10
  11. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Legs Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:28:13 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:06:28 +1200, Legs <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:36:38 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    >>>the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >>>second drive..
    >>>
    >>>So how can it be done..?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>>

    >>
    >>Boot up with a system DOS floppy that contains 'fdisk' - use fdisk -
    >>then format the HDD in question

    >
    >
    >Can't do that..
    >
    >

    Well in that case - there are lots of unknowns which you have not
    specified in your original query.

    What OS are you running?
    What are the sizes of the hard disks in question?
    How are they currently formatted?

    May very well be other things I cant think of on the spur of the
    moment as well.


    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Did you know?
    The computer you are looking at now may be more powerful than the mainframe
    M.I.T. used in 1972.

    Consider using the formidable power of your home computer to find a cure
    for cancer.
    Click on;

    http://www.grid.org/home.htm

    for details.

    I have donated over 3 years of computer time for this purpose. E-mail me
    with any questions. I am on hotmail.com as nzLegs or on yahoo.co.nz as
    nzLegs11.

    Don't just make a donation, make a difference!
     
    Legs, Jun 1, 2004
    #11
  12. On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:18:39 +1200, Legs <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 18:28:13 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:06:28 +1200, Legs <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 06:36:38 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>I have 2 HD on a Controller, they both have active boot partitions, tried all
    >>>>the tools I can find but none let me turn of the active partition on the
    >>>>second drive..
    >>>>
    >>>>So how can it be done..?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>Thanks
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Boot up with a system DOS floppy that contains 'fdisk' - use fdisk -
    >>>then format the HDD in question

    >>
    >>
    >>Can't do that..
    >>
    >>

    >Well in that case - there are lots of unknowns which you have not
    >specified in your original query.
    >
    >What OS are you running?
    >What are the sizes of the hard disks in question?
    >How are they currently formatted?
    >
    >May very well be other things I cant think of on the spur of the
    >moment as well.
    >




    98/XP fat32 40g 3 partitions..


    >-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    >Did you know?
    >The computer you are looking at now may be more powerful than the mainframe
    >M.I.T. used in 1972.
    >
    >Consider using the formidable power of your home computer to find a cure
    >for cancer.
    >Click on;
    >
    >http://www.grid.org/home.htm
    >
    >for details.
    >
    >I have donated over 3 years of computer time for this purpose. E-mail me
    >with any questions. I am on hotmail.com as nzLegs or on yahoo.co.nz as
    >nzLegs11.
    >
    >Don't just make a donation, make a difference!
     
    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 2, 2004
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3_=A3o=BFy=F1ski?=

    Thunderbird filters "active" but not "active"

    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Rafa=B3_=A3o=BFy=F1ski?=, May 14, 2005, in forum: Firefox
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    666
    Moz Champion
    May 18, 2005
  2. =?Utf-8?B?U3VzaGls?=
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    720
    Wayne
    Feb 16, 2006
  3. =?Utf-8?B?RWR3aWc=?=

    Disable wifi when ethernet is active

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3aWc=?=, Aug 30, 2006, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    5,165
    Jack \(MVP-Networking\).
    Aug 30, 2006
  4. UBEST
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    24,492
    bmille6
    Mar 24, 2008
  5. The GHOST of WOGER.

    How to disable Active Partition...No Valid replies

    The GHOST of WOGER., Jun 1, 2004, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    1,244
    Dave - Dave.net.nz
    Jun 2, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page