How to direct specific internet sites to wireless and wiredconnections

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ezjlxp, Oct 6, 2008.

  1. ezjlxp

    ezjlxp Guest

    on my laptop, I am connected to a wired and wireless connection at the
    same time. The wired connection is a different network than the
    wireless connection. I need to use the wired connection for corporate
    email (Outlook), and corporate sites. However, due to limitations of
    the wired network (filtering certain websites, and streaming
    technologies), there are some websites I need to load using the
    wireless connection (which has no restrictions). Most websites I can
    use the wired connection for, and there is only a handful of sites
    that I would need to use the wireless.

    Is there a way to specify the URL or IP of a website so that it would
    use my wireless connection as opposed to the default wired connection?

    I need to do this locally on my laptop as I don't have access to the
    routers, etc.

    I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate group to post this
    question. If there is a better group to post to, please let me know
    and I'll attempt there.

    Thanks!

    Jared

    ezjlxp, Oct 6, 2008

  2. Re: How to direct specific internet sites to wireless and wired connections

    Hi
    Drag links from the Wire and Wireless connectors in the Control
    Panel/Network Properties Windows to you Desktop (or Quick Launch).
    When you want to use the One connection right click on the Icon and disable
    the other.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 6, 2008

  3. ezjlxp

    ezjlxp Guest

    On Oct 6, 11:39 am, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
    <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > Drag links from the Wire and Wireless connectors in the Control
    > Panel/Network Properties Windows to you Desktop (or Quick Launch).
    > When you want to use the One connection right click on the Icon and disable
    > the other.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    That's essentially what I'm doing now...but I would like to be able to
    use both connections simultaneously. Is that possible?

    Amongst other things, I have probably 18+ hours of webinars, etc, that
    I need to watch and can only access them on the wireless network, but
    still need to have access to my email and other corporate sites on the
    wired network at the same time.

    Is there a way to route a specific URL or IP address to use one
    network/gateway, without disabling the other network adapter?

    ezjlxp, Oct 6, 2008