How to determine IOS feature set version?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mike W., Feb 8, 2007.

  1. Mike W.

    Mike W. Guest

    Good afternoon all,

    I am trying to upgrade my 3640 router to a later IOS version due to the
    recent vulnerabilities, but I am not sure which version to use.
    Not the overall IOS version, but the software feature set version.

    I'm currently on 12.2(32) but nowhere in the Show ver output do I see
    anything about Enterprise, IP, etc.

    Below is the output...am I missing something? Thanks!

    cisco#sh ver
    IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-JS-M), Version 12.2(32), RELEASE SOFTWARE
    (fc1)
    Compiled Fri 02-Dec-05 15:19 by
    Image text-base: 0x60008930, data-base: 0x6145E000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(17)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE
    SOFTWARE (fc2)

    cisco uptime is 35 weeks, 8 hours, 31 minutes
    System returned to ROM by power-on
    System restarted at 02:11:28 EST Tue Jun 6 2006
    System image file is "slot0:c3640-js-mz.122-32.bin"

    cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 125952K/5120K bytes of
    memory.
    Processor board ID 07991303
    R4700 CPU at 100Mhz, Implementation 33, Rev 1.0
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    SuperLAT software (copyright 1990 by Meridian Technology Corp).
    TN3270 Emulation software.
    4 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    1 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    4 Serial network interface(s)
    DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
    4096K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
    20480K bytes of processor board PCMCIA Slot0 flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x4102

    Mike W., Feb 8, 2007

  2. Mike W. wrote:
    > Good afternoon all,
    >
    > I am trying to upgrade my 3640 router to a later IOS version due to the
    > recent vulnerabilities, but I am not sure which version to use.
    > Not the overall IOS version, but the software feature set version.
    >
    > I'm currently on 12.2(32) but nowhere in the Show ver output do I see
    > anything about Enterprise, IP, etc.

    In brief:

    I = IP
    IS = IP Plus
    JS = Enterprise
    SP = Service Provider

    Christophe Fillot, Feb 8, 2007

  3. In article <J2Jyh.148069$>,
    Mike W. <> wrote:

    >I am trying to upgrade my 3640 router to a later IOS version due to the
    >recent vulnerabilities, but I am not sure which version to use.
    >Not the overall IOS version, but the software feature set version.

    >System image file is "slot0:c3640-js-mz.122-32.bin"

    Plug that image name (without the slot0:) into the Feature Navigator,
    http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

    Walter Roberson, Feb 8, 2007