    Is there any way to use a PC to determine whether or not a DVD movie is
    anamorphic?

    , Dec 10, 2004

  2. You don't even have to use a PC. Just use your regular DVD player and
    select "wide" from the setup menu.

    This turns off the 4:3 downconversion and any anamorphic DVD image will
    show distorted or "squeezed".

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Dec 10, 2004

  3. Specialk Guest

    <> wrote:
    > Is there any way to use a PC to determine whether or not a DVD movie is
    > anamorphic?

    If you have software on your PC that shows the video in its own window,
    fire up the program and start the movie and you can tell by the size of
    the window.

    4:3 window => Non-anamorphic
    16:9 window => Anamorphic

    Specialk, Dec 10, 2004
  4. Guest

    On 10 Dec 2004 13:25:01 -0800, wrote:

    >I just discovered that a whole bunch of original, non-pirated Region 3
    >movies being sold in Asia are badly mislabeled. Too often, there would
    >be features advertised in the DVD sleeve, but don't exist in the DVD
    >itself. So now I'm wondering if the DVDs I have really are anamorphic.
    >
    >Is there any way to use a PC to determine whether or not a DVD movie is
    >anamorphic?

    TROLL

    , Dec 12, 2004