    Phisherman Guest

    Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
    released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

    Phisherman, Sep 23, 2007

  2. Phisherman

    Guest

    , Sep 23, 2007

  3. Phisherman

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Sep 23, 2007
  4. Phisherman <> wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
    >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

    amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

    Kimba W. Lion, Sep 24, 2007
  5. Phisherman

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
    > Phisherman <> wrote:
    >
    > >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
    > >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

    > amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

    Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
    has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
    the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
    rather unlikely.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/

    Stan Brown, Sep 24, 2007
  6. Phisherman

    Justin Guest

    Stan Brown wrote on [Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:34:36 -0400]:
    > Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
    >> Phisherman <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
    >> >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

    >> amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

    > Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
    > has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
    > the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
    > rather unlikely.

    There's not much Amazon doesn't sell.

    Justin, Sep 24, 2007
  7. On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:34:36 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >Sun, 23 Sep 2007 19:22:54 -0400 from <Kimba W. Lion <kimbawlion>>:
    >> Phisherman <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Can anyone tell me where I can check (online) if a movie has been
    >> >released to DVD before I go to the rental store?

    >> amazon.com. You might even find a used one cheaper than renting.

    >Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
    >has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
    >the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
    >rather unlikely.

    You cannot "rent it" via download if it isn't out yet.

    Another benefit is that they discount your rentals. I got $2.00 off on
    Shooter, and the next one I "DL'd" was free, despite it showing a price.

    Amazon also got the best ratings from the mags for downloadable media.

    Many want subscription fees as well as the rental price.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Sep 24, 2007
  8. Stan Brown <> wrote:

    >Just out of curiosity, how exactly does this tell you whether a movie
    >has been released on DVD? Does Amazon list all released movies, even
    >the ones it doesn't sell? I suppose that's possible, but it does seem
    >rather unlikely.

    If it's been out on DVD but now out of print, amazon will still have it in
    their database, and chances are someone will be selling a used copy of it.

    Kimba W. Lion, Sep 24, 2007