    Googly.

    Please someone help me before I resort to testing my T4210's aerodynamic
    qualities out of the appartment window!

    Louise Balmforth, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Louise Balmforth

    Lem Guest

    Louise Balmforth wrote:
    > For the love of god I don't know why, but I created an ad hoc connection in
    > the network connection wizzard and connected to it via my N95 phone.
    >
    > Now I cant remove it. If I select the connection in my phone XP starts up
    > the host connection (which says 'On Demand' where others say 'Connected').
    >
    > I know this is probably presenting little or no security risk, but all the
    > same I want my tablet free of this unwanted garbage but for the life of me I
    > cannot find a solution anywhere, including the font of all knowledge that is
    > Googly.
    >
    > Please someone help me before I resort to testing my T4210's aerodynamic
    > qualities out of the appartment window!

    Open Network Connections, right click on the icon for your wifi adapter
    and select Properties. Click the Wireless Networks tab. Find the name of
    the ad hoc network you created in the list of Preferred networks and
    "Remove" it.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jan 15, 2009

  3. Hi
    Instructions by Lem, Picture by Jack. ;)
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 15, 2009
  4. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:

    > > Open Network Connections, right click on the icon for your wifi adapter
    > > and select Properties. Click the Wireless Networks tab. Find the name of
    > > the ad hoc network you created in the list of Preferred networks and
    > > "Remove" it.

    Thanks for the reply.

    This does not answer the question though.

    The ad hoc connection is just re-created if I use my smart phone with the ad
    hoc connection details. When the connection is re created it shows in all
    available wireless connection and says 'On Demand' where the others say
    'Connected'.

    It is not a connection TO a network, it is a connection which allows a
    connection to my computer.

    Do you see what I mean?

    Louise_Paisley, Jan 15, 2009
  5. Louise Balmforth

    Lem Guest

    Louise_Paisley wrote:
    > "Jack (MVP-Networking)." wrote:
    >

    >>> Open Network Connections, right click on the icon for your wifi adapter
    >>> and select Properties. Click the Wireless Networks tab. Find the name of
    >>> the ad hoc network you created in the list of Preferred networks and
    >>> "Remove" it.
    >>>

    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > This does not answer the question though.
    >
    > The ad hoc connection is just re-created if I use my smart phone with the ad
    > hoc connection details. When the connection is re created it shows in all
    > available wireless connection and says 'On Demand' where the others say
    > 'Connected'.
    >
    > It is not a connection TO a network, it is a connection which allows a
    > connection to my computer.
    >
    > Do you see what I mean?

    No, I don't see what you mean.

    Do you mean that you see it when you look at the "Choose a wireless
    network" screen:
    http://screenshots.modemhelp.net/sc...Connection/View_Wireless_Networks/Index.shtml

    If *that's* what you mean, this is just your computer "seeing" your
    smart phone. If you don't want to see this item listed in this screen
    (after you Refresh it, of course), you'll have to delete the ad hoc
    configuration you set up in your smart phone. See the phone's user
    guide for instructions.

    If you're referring to something else, please clarify.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Hi
    If the connection is created by the phone (not the computer), then I would
    look into the phone manual, or contact the Phone support to find a solution.
    It seems that the phone switched from the Cell mode to the WIFI Mode.
    Otherwise, may be changing your Wireless SSID would make it so that the
    phone can Not find any more your WIFI connection.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 15, 2009