    delete for security reasons.

    nof
    Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Goalie, Jul 11, 2005

  2. Goalie wrote:
    > Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net. There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt
    > delete for security reasons.

    it depends on how it was done, it may be done by network policy(did it
    used to be on a domain or network?), or it could just be in control
    panel(users, and in the options there I think it says "require users to
    press alt ctrl delete")

    Where'd you get it from?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 11, 2005

  3. Did it fall of the back of a truck?
    I'm surprised it even turned on.

    canon paora tikitiki, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Did it fall off the back of a truck?
    I'm surprised it even turned on.

    canon paora tikitiki, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Goalie

    Shane Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:40:01 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Goalie wrote:
    >> Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net.
    >> There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt delete for security
    >> reasons.

    > it depends on how it was done, it may be done by network policy(did it
    > used to be on a domain or network?), or it could just be in control
    > panel(users, and in the options there I think it says "require users to
    > press alt ctrl delete")
    >

    > Where'd you get it from?

    its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?
    after that he could choose domain or local login
    after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise' :)

    Shane, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Goalie

    H.O.G Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:59:33 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    spoke these fine words:

    >On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:40:01 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> Goalie wrote:
    >>> Anyone know how to delete the password at startup. I am not on a net.
    >>> There is also a panel telling me to press CRT alt delete for security
    >>> reasons.

    >its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?

    It's any version of Windows that is set to require it.

    OP: If you post a bit more info, such as OS version, whether you
    currently know the password (ie can't get in versus removing it for
    convenience), and whether there is a "domain" option under the
    username and password boxes, we can probably help.

    >after that he could choose domain or local login
    >after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise' :)

    Well, I hope you don't charge very much...

    H.O.G, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Goalie

    Goalie Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 16:11:20 +1200, H.O.G <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:59:33 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    >spoke these fine words:

    >>its windows 2000 that requires the ctrl - alt - del to login isnt it?

    >It's any version of Windows that is set to require it.
    >
    >OP: If you post a bit more info, such as OS version, whether you
    >currently know the password (ie can't get in versus removing it for
    >convenience), and whether there is a "domain" option under the
    >username and password boxes, we can probably help.
    >
    >>after that he could choose domain or local login
    >>after that its dodgy (and at that point I charge for my 'expertise' :)

    >Well, I hope you don't charge very much...

    I am using XP Professional. I do know the password. I have never been on a network. The reason I am in strife is that I
    was fiddling with Control Panel User Accounts and Display where I was changing screen savers. There is good page on this
    @ http://www.petri.co.il/index.htm but I am still working on it.
    Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue

    Goalie, Jul 11, 2005