    away?

    Thanks for helping.

    Lilajane
    Lilajane Frascarelli, Aug 31, 2006

  2. Lilajane Frascarelli

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-31, Lilajane Frascarelli <> wrote:
    > Equipment: iMac running OS X 10.4.7, Entourage.
    >
    > After reading the newsgroup messages I'd like to get rid of them so that
    > they wouldn't be there the next time I open that news group.
    >
    > Before I changed to 10.4.7 I had set the preferences to NOT display such
    > messages when I opened the program the next time. Now I can't find a place
    > to tell it to do that.
    >
    > How can I set the preferences so that when I have read a message it goes
    > away?
    >
    > Thanks for helping.
    >
    > Lilajane

    You might get better help if you post this question to the newsgroup
    called news.software.readers - put the name of your newsreader program in
    the 'Subject' so that people who are familiar with it will be more likely
    to notice your question.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 31, 2006

  3. Lilajane Frascarelli

    Rectum Burn Guest

    Whiskers <> said in

    > On 2006-08-31, Lilajane Frascarelli <> wrote:
    >> Equipment: iMac running OS X 10.4.7, Entourage.
    >>
    >> After reading the newsgroup messages I'd like to get rid of them so
    >> that they wouldn't be there the next time I open that news group.
    >>
    >> Before I changed to 10.4.7 I had set the preferences to NOT display
    >> such messages when I opened the program the next time. Now I can't
    >> find a place to tell it to do that.
    >>
    >> How can I set the preferences so that when I have read a message it
    >> goes away?
    >>
    >> Thanks for helping.
    >>
    >> Lilajane

    > You might get better help if you post this question to the newsgroup
    > called news.software.readers - put the name of your newsreader program
    > in the 'Subject' so that people who are familiar with it will be more
    > likely to notice your question.

    It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
    you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
    slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

    Rectum Burrrrrrn
    Rectum Burn, Aug 31, 2006
  4. Lilajane Frascarelli

    Evan Platt Guest

    On 31 Aug 2006 22:35:34 +0200, Rectum Burn
    <> wrote:

    >It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
    >you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
    >slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

    I'm pretty sure Whiskers does know, but notice his suggestion was to
    both post to another group, AND put the newsreader in the subject?
    Evan Platt, Aug 31, 2006
  5. Lilajane Frascarelli

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-08-31, Evan Platt <> wrote:
    > On 31 Aug 2006 22:35:34 +0200, Rectum Burn
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
    >>you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
    >>slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

    > I'm pretty sure Whiskers does know, but notice his suggestion was to
    > both post to another group, AND put the newsreader in the subject?

    No need to look in the headers, even; the OP mentions it in the 'body' <G>

    Regulars in NSR commonly filter or score on the name of the client in the
    subject, hence the advice to put the name of the client there.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 31, 2006