    recreated. i open it with debug it is 14 bytes long containing the string
    C:\files.mct

    is a virus worm , or just how can i delete it ?
    MEA, Oct 9, 2003

  2. MEA

    Starr Guest

    MEA <> wrote in message
    news:3f84cca5$0$20650$...
    > Im trying to delete the files.mct which is in my root drive, i dont know
    > which process created it, but whenever i delete it , it is automatically
    > recreated. i open it with debug it is 14 bytes long containing the string
    > C:\files.mct
    >
    > is a virus worm , or just how can i delete it ?

    what os are you using? does it recreate it instantly?
    Starr, Oct 9, 2003

  3. MEA

    Guest

    "MEA" <> wrote in message news:<3f84cca5$0$20650$>...
    > Im trying to delete the files.mct which is in my root drive, i dont know
    > which process created it, but whenever i delete it , it is automatically
    > recreated. i open it with debug it is 14 bytes long containing the string
    > C:\files.mct
    >
    > is a virus worm , or just how can i delete it ?

    I didn't see anything on Google about this file. There are references
    to the extention mct, which is listed as musicator.

    Depending on your OS version, you might be able to look at the file
    properties to determine the owner, which might indicate the source
    program. Otherwise, you may be able to locate a program that will
    tell you what program is opening that file. One reference I found on
    Google is for nthandle.
    , Oct 9, 2003